Why become a member? ×

Barefaced vs Vanderkley vs PJB

siphillips

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1452849411' post='2953994']
I'm currently using 2 Super Compacts. They are light enough for me to bring both to a gig and then decide how many I need to use. I like the look of 2 cabs and so I sometimes set both up and just use the top cab.
[/quote]
Same here! Top, Top cabs...

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1452844385' post='2953930']
Some amps just don't "work" with some cabs. I tried a few different ones with my BF Big One so i learned that the hard way... :mellow:
[/quote]

Yup - found this out when I got my PUMA 500 and used it with the Super compacts - PUMA's 'Hi' eq control is centred at 8Khz, Supercompacts range ends around 4Khz = treble control pretty useless...

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1453903609' post='2964021']

Yup - found this out when I got my PUMA 500 and used it with the Super compacts - PUMA's 'Hi' eq control is centred at 8Khz, Supercompacts range ends around 4Khz = treble control pretty useless...
[/quote]oops sorry

Edited by Chienmortbb

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1453899643' post='2963950']
As an Electronics Engineer, I am a firm believer that you should only claim what you can measure although Chis is not alone in his assertions.

However surely such a sarcastic, narky, character assassination is unwarranted.
[/quote]

Sarcastic yes, bit of a dig for fun yes, differences of opinion probably, character assassination absolutely not. There is no place for character assassinations anywhere in this forum.
If any offence was taken by Chris then I wholeheartedly apologise.

I would go for a second BB. More of the same and a perfect replacement for your existent cab if any problem happens. Get a stand to raise the rig a little bit to ear level. If you hear a boxy sound first place yourself in front of the driver to see if the boxiness comes from the EQ or your own position regarding the cab. If it's an EQ problem then fix it with the mid knobs in the amp.

Sounds to me like you want more beef/substance to your tone. Bit warmer in the mids, more buttery/fluid yet remain articulate.
I got there by using and amp with tubes in its pre and adding a good compressor. Yes it took me years before I was finally satisfied.

Your existing cab is well capable of delivering the goods.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1452808919' post='2953790']
The BB2 will go much louder than any other 112 cab, including the Vanderkley.

As Barefaced cabs are very good at putting out what you put in I'd suggest you could check your tone settings or check the cab by trying a different amp.

I totally agree with this, I use a supertwin, it totally reproduces what you put in. Play AC/DC in and you get it back louder hahaha
[/quote]