Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRBX304 / 305 Opinions

Guest MoJo

Very good basses in my limited experience. Played a couple on Denmark St previously, both super comfortable, very well built with a good range of sounds. I think the slider would be great in gigging situations where you need to quickly switch between sounds - there was a noticeable difference between each of the settings.

I have a 305 and i really like it. The eq presets are really handy and the active preamp is good. Build is as you'd expect from Yamaha. I find the sound from the massive pups very versatile too. It's not too expensive and imho you get a lot of bass for your money.

Edited by Number6

Joining the world of bass late I always find this very strange. I used to play saxophone in a national level concert band and Yamaha instruments be it woodwind, brass, keys, drums where very well regarded and sought after across that community, right up there with the best of their type. A Yamaha instrument would always get a nodding know of approval.

[quote name='Rusco' timestamp='1453294952' post='2958146']
Joining the world of bass late I always find this very strange. I used to play saxophone in a national level concert band and Yamaha instruments be it woodwind, brass, keys, drums where very well regarded and sought after across that community, right up there with the best of their type. A Yamaha instrument would always get a nodding know of approval.
[/quote]

Yamaha make some cracking, high end, head turning basses as well :)

My TRBX505 was one of the best looking basses ive ever owned (IMO of course). Also the only brown bass. It seemed an odd choice for me as i wanted the white one, but at the end of the day i felt the brown would fit in more with the various styles we play. I love the white but i feel it gives off a certain vibe that can look out of place.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pf4Ya5][/url]

Edited by dave_bass5

I had a 304. Build quality was really good, decent range of tones via the 5 way switch but I fell out of love with active basses and moved it on dropping £90 in the process but it is a good buy for the price.

I agree with Machines re resale. If you are buying one as a keeper it is worth it.