Why become a member? ×

Aguilar tonehammer 350 sl112

Ragbass

Hi all

I'm looking into buying some Aguilar gear, a tonehammer 350 and 2x sl112

The idea is that I will keep one can at home and one cab at the practice room. Then just take the head in its bag between times.

I was just wondering would a the 350 and a single sl112 rated at 175watts be loud enough for a practice? And even some smaller gigs. For bigger gigs I would take both cabs.

Anyone have any experience with this set up?

Thanks in advance

As above really. Also depends on how clean you want your sound as well. The Tonehammers are great but to use them at high volume with a very clean sound you need full power and more speakers. I used my TH350 with a Barefaced Super12T and for regular venues master volume on just more than 9 o`clock, but I do use a fairly gainy sound, and the S12T is a very efficient cab.

That said, I`ve used a good few 1x15 100 or 150 watt combos as provided rigs and they`ve been plenty loud enough for stage monitoring, and in a few places there was no FOH and they coped. Think this will depend on the drummer.

Get the TH500 to make sure.

I couldn't get away with a single..but you might be able to.

The beauty of those cabs..apart from being very nice sounding cabs
is that they are light.

If you want lighter still..and IMO, a better cab suited to the TH..get TKS S112's
as they are 10kgs each...!!!