Why become a member? ×

Penultimate Peaveys ?

kodiakblair

Honestly I think these are the last :)

When the Resolite joined the clan here I put things on hold,real life was getting a bit much. So I resigned myself to finding a new home and transport,both needed
to be big enough for the Blair bass clan and the ginger tom.End of January deadline was looming.

Then Mark broke my resolve on Christmas Eve :D In a weakened state posts start appearing " 2016 What Bass ? and I think what the hell if I'm getting saddled with
housing and transport costs I'm going out with a bang.While sourcing a Hondo II bridge from an American fella I spy a Sarzo in Germany,with 22 folk watching it a
decision was needed. Reminding myself I'd been off the fags for 9 month I bought it,then emboldened by this liberated thinking I made an offer to Mr H for his beautiful
Cirrus.

Yesterday the house was 99% certain,car was bought, insured & taxed and the Cirrus arrived after a completely trouble free purchase from Mr H ;) I'd intended doing
just one NBD so waited on the Cirrus,I've had the Sarzo nearly a week. Bowie's death yesterday put paid to that,just didn't feel right :(

The Sarzo oozes class and for a 25 year old bass is in fantastic condition. Same goes for the Cirrus,another beautiful instrument,so easy to dial in tones too.
Overdid things at the weekend so my CTS and arthritis is giving me merry hell but expect an A/B between the BXP Cirrus and the USA model,Roto Nexus are going on
both to make things even.

[attachment=209416:PICT0045.jpg][attachment=209417:PICT0046.jpg][attachment=209418:PICT0047.jpg]

Thanks Lads.

Doc J The Sarzo neck is amazing,it just fits my hand perfectly.Music-Point.DE had it set up just right.Absolutely stunning bass,workmanship is first class.
It's ticking all the boxes :) So why am I having trouble MY tone :( First hour or so I downloaded the manual and played around a bit. Next day I got some
Whitesnake and played along,course it blended in no problem. I'll persevere of course and you know yourself it can be any number of factors,even just
frame of mind.I'm better being honest than saying everything is rosy out the box.

The Cirrus on the other hand was a breeze. Already having the BXP I knew what to expect. Tonewise there's very little between them but the single saddle
bridge on the BXP ain't a good idea. On the Millennium BXP's it's fine as you shim the neck,got fag paper high action on the Indonesian built one :D But
the Cirrus I think trimming the height of each saddle is the only way. After playing the USA model It'd be daft not to set the BXP as near the same.

Mark it should be a shoo-in on the new place but I'm waiting on the bank giving the OK. Living room is twice the size of the present one,I'll be able to get all the
Peaveys in for a family photo but not their cousins and kin.Don't think there's a wide angle lens big enough for that :D

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1452609987' post='2951601']
It's a very scary number, I'm 5 or 6 short of a full suit.
[/quote]

I'm guessing a full suit means 13, so you have like 8 or 9? ... I need to up my game! I have 7 basses, one guitar and a bass head (and a speaker cable), and thought I was the nut!! There are some very nice 80s USA ones on eBay right now... Thankfully, being skint and sharing a bungalow with a lady and our three cats is holding me off :lol:

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1452633737' post='2951951']
...Living room is twice the size of the present one, I'll be able to get all the Peaveys in for a family photo but not their cousins and kin. Don't think there's a wide angle lens big enough for that... :D
[/quote]

Maybe a John Entwistle-type collection book of pics? :)