Why become a member? ×

Fender logo JV Squier Precision, low start

Paul S

Just listed, low start. Be interesting to see what this fetches.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-made-in-Japan-Squier-Precision-Bass-1982-/351626203800?hash=item51de8e1298:g:Wv4AAOSwT~9WkqZz"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-made-in-Japan-Squier-Precision-Bass-1982-/351626203800?hash=item51de8e1298:g:Wv4AAOSwT~9WkqZz[/url]

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1453057839' post='2956036']
For a beat up old Squier, amazing. When you see some of the instruments you can get for that kind of money on here or on eBay second hand, its truly remarkable!
[/quote]
Collectibility factor! Don't let the Squier badge fool you, these JV's are fantastic instruments, my Squier logo'd P is great, and the 1st issue Fender badged ones are supposedly even better. Does that make them worth £1000? I don't know! Fullerton reissues go for more and are of the same age. Late 70's P's go for more and the ones I've played have been terrible! Ultimately it's still less than a new U.S.A Standard so I guess it depends on what you want. But collectibility (especially as a rarer Fender badged JV) and a reputation as consistently good instruments are what's driving the price up here.

[color="#000000"]Yes, have to agree. I have a big Fender logo ’62 P and for me it’s better than the other Ps I’ve played (70’s, AVRI, US standard, Roadworn, MIJ, but not had a go of a pre-CBS yet), and some of those would cost significantly more. And apparently very consistent, these early ones, so not much risk to the buyer. Yes collectability, but as a player’s bass worth the money in my opinion.[/color]