Why become a member? ×

Rio Isolated Bass Track - is it John Taylor?

spectoremg

2 hours ago, Cato said:

Well...you can never disprove a conspiracy theory there's always the 'no ones allowed to talk about it' defence.

But realistically, after nearly 40 years and countless biographies, autobiographies and interviews with the people involved in making the track from the band to the studio crew and the band's management, if John didn't play on it I reckon someone would have let it slip by now.

Honestly I have no idea why anyone is even questioning whether he played on the track, if you have every heard him playing live you will know that he is a very capable musician and has been for a long time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cato said:

Well...you can never disprove a conspiracy theory there's always the 'no ones allowed to talk about it' defence.

But realistically, after nearly 40 years and countless biographies, autobiographies and interviews with the people involved in making the track, from the band to the studio crew and the band's management, if John didn't play on it I reckon someone would have let it slip by now.

Just to be clear - my post was in no way suggesting that JT didn't play on the original Rio.