Why become a member? ×

New synths day : Waldorf Streichfett and Blofeld

dub_junkie

I have been playing keyboards in one of my covers bands the last few months, as well as guitar and this week I just updated my sound, buying a couple of Waldorfs - a Blofeld and a Streichfett string synth. The Blofeld sounds fantastic though is maybe going to take a few weeks learning it and bringing it into my set up.
The Streichfett sounds lush and will be getting gigged this weekend. It replaces a laptop running the Arturia Solina V emulation software which did sound really good but I get nervous about using the wife's laptop playing out! Much better to have a piece of hardware that can do the job.
I think I'm going to enjoy owning these synths.

[URL=http://s152.photobucket.com/user/dub_junkie/media/20160105_184122_zpslptlwd2k.jpg.html][IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/dub_junkie/20160105_184122_zpslptlwd2k.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Congrats!
Luvverly machines, those.
Personally, I haven't found a richer, deeper hardware synth than the Blofeld below the £1K mark.

You probably already know this, but just in case, as well as for other readers:
It's not hard to start with a Blofeld (mastering its depth is a different matter), but one has to be aware of its OS glitches. Personally I'd not use it live for parts that need to be perfect.
That said, depending on who you ask, OS v1.22 or v1.23 is said to be quite stable. Also, reportedly Waldorf have retracted v1.23 from the market for some time, in order to iron out the last glitches, so it should be near perfect once it's re-released.

Have fun!