Why become a member? ×

1960s ply upright
£575

Petey

[center][b]1960s upright ¾ d/bass[/b][/center]

I bought this bass in the early 1990s from a old boy in York. I got as far as Grade 5 ARBSM and have enjoyed playing this ply upright ever since. I have busked, played classical, acoustic pop and Jazz on this and it has never let me down. There are the usual scuffs and marks on it and it has a lovely resonance and projects well. The old boy I bought it off told me of an accident it had in the late 1960s and a foot went through the rear of the bass – (see photo). It was all repaired then and no issues have occurred since. There is also what looks like a surface split on the neck– (see photo).

I have decided to upgrade my instrument, and the newer one has arrived, so this is now surplus to requirements.

The bass comes with a cover, bow, rosin, a spare set of strings and is all set to practice on and gig. The action is quite low (but adjustable) – I have tried to show this in the side photo of the bridge. (no pick-up offered) - So buy with confidence.

I am more than happy for you to come over and try the bass – collection only. I am based in the middle of Chichester, West Sussex….er, near Bogor Regis….Cash would be best
Any questions or more photos wanted, then please ask and I will do my best.

[center]£575.00[/center]

[center]Pete - 01243 839968[/center]

This is a great beginners upright to start developing your technique - ideal for quiet gigs, local drama groups performing 'The Merry Widow', 'Oklahoma', etc, Jazz gigs - its got that nice 'growl' to it when needed, quiet pop/acoustic gigs ... and looks the part - you'll get even more gigs
- ideal for the bass guitarist who wants to venture down this pathway with a view to expanding their skills and technique. Its the one you have been promising yourself - the one you have threatened to buy and not tell the missus - but its too big to slide past her (its ok, we all do it - ha ha)....ideal to start your d/bass career on - as said further up, i've had it for 23 years and will be sad to see it go - I've just come into some money and found the right bass at the right time/price and decided to upgrade.....over to you.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

still here - price reduced to 500.00 of your english pounds - don't forget includes, bass bag, bow, rosin, bung on the tail piece (stops it slipping on wooden floors) - clean and clear sound excellent value for the price