Why become a member? ×

Tecamp - no more?

franzbassist

Interesting message on the Tecamp homepage this morning! :(

[i]Important notice about my involvement with TecAmp and THC Amplification[/i]

[i]Due to irreconcilable issues I like to announce that I am no longer associated with neither company I founded TecAmp and THC Amplification. No further TecAmp/THC product will be build or supported under my supervision and I have nothing to do with both companies no more. I will make a statement and a new announcement soon.[/i]

[i]Thomas Eich, 01-01-2016[/i]

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1451750912' post='2943103']

You got a link to the Richard Bona thing WOT?
[/quote]

This pretty much summarises it:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/bona-tecamp.1193765/

TBH, I know nowt about Richard Bona, but he was flying off the handle.. a little too much, IMO. Something just didn't feel right about it.

The TB thread above suggests there's definitely two sides to this one.

I contributed to the TB thread as I'd just picked up a Bonafide amp, which is brill btw.

I was talking to Thomas Eich just before Christmas, so this is very recent, but I can't believe the Bona situation killed the company?

My guess is they are being bought out, based on [url="http://tecampusa.com/page/4-about-us"]this[/url]

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1451753769' post='2943136']
I contributed to the TB thread as I'd just picked up a Bonafide amp, which is brill btw.

I was talking to Thomas Eich just before Christmas, so this is very recent, but I can't believe the Bona situation killed the company?

My guess is they are being bought out, based on [url="http://tecampusa.com/page/4-about-us"]this[/url]
[/quote]

Same here, I think they've been bought and he does not like the direction they are taking. The Bona thing may even be a result of a takeover too, Eich cannot honour prior arrangement due to new owner.... That could lead to a very upset Bona perhaps, his reaction was clearly very angry.

Glenn Kawamoto owns Austin Bass Traders.

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1451758995' post='2943197']
Same here, I think they've been bought and he does not like the direction they are taking. The Bona thing may even be a result of a takeover too, Eich cannot honour prior arrangement due to new owner.... That could lead to a very upset Bona perhaps, his reaction was clearly very angry.
[/quote] that and Markbass had made him a new amp...

Could his anger have something to do with this: "To this end, we’re becoming all-American built. Sure, we’ve got our German-engineering roots, and there will always be models built only in Germany.". Gosh, and thanks for the link walbassist.

I'm jinxed. I only recently bought a Puma 500. Before that I had Genz Benz gear.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1451759248' post='2943201']
that and Markbass had made him a new amp...
[/quote]

Sure, but he did not have to go ballistic just because he switched brand, he didn't do that when he went to Tecamp either...

I have more than a slight issue with "artists" who prostitute themselves from company to company, Gear that was the Dogs whatsits last week can't just become stttty* gear the next week.
Thomas Eich dealt with me personally over an issues with my gear which he resolved even though he was on Holiday at the time, The mark of a good company is how they resolve issues that crop up from time to time. I am sure he will make the right decision and the right statement at the right time. Don't want this to become another SWR story - Please :(

Edited by deepbass5