Why become a member? ×

So what was your favourite pedal of 2015?

0175westwood29

2015 was the year of my first pedals. Toward the end of the year I picked up a Small Clone chorus pedal, and treated myself to a Nano Bass Big Muff for Christmas after borrowing it's bigger brother from a friend.

I love both, but even though the Muff is a lot of fun it's the Small Clone which gives me a real poop-eating grin. I'm still looking for songs that use chorus, but I'm loving adding a little sparkle to my usual stuff!

[attachment=209532:image.jpeg]

Edited by Rikki_Sixx

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1452202361' post='2947650']
got to be the TK421x from COG for me - I've always had a hankering for a RAT based pedal, and after trying most of the popular ones (fuzzrocious, idiot box, not to mention the original RAT) the COG just sounds right. It's the core tone for my new band :)
[/quote]

Good call, and totally agreed (although I got mine in 2014...). It's the perfect RAT!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1452205839' post='2947724']
I really do need to try that one!!
[/quote]

Just do yourself a favour, sell your Rat Tail and order one now. You can thank me later.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1452205839' post='2947724']
I really do need to try that one!!
[/quote]

Bakerster is right, you better put a TK high up your wish list. It really is that good. It's the best RAT I've had. I got mine with the extra HPF on the dirty side, very handy. Being the pedal nut we all know you are, I'm surprised you haven't tried one yet!

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1453207722' post='2957360']
Bakerster is right, you better put a TK high up your wish list. It really is that good. It's the best RAT I've had. I got mine with the extra HPF on the dirty side, very handy. Being the pedal nut we all know you are, I'm surprised you haven't tried one yet!
[/quote]

iknow i know some how its slipped thru!

Andy

I did get my Future Impact in 2015 and it's really quite impressive. I had a Deep Impact before and it blows it out of the water. The DI did some cheesy synth sounds and had better-than-average tracking. The better-than-average tracking is back but the synth sounds are MASSIVE. And pair it with a computer-based editor and you can do so much with it.

And so far, every patch I've made in the comfort of my own home has actually worked in rehearsal. I think this is down to how good the oscillators sound - they are genuinely nice.

It's a great unit.

TC Shaker vibrato. A real revelation for me. Vibrato seems a much less commonly used modulation effect for bass than chorus or flange, but I'm finding it works at least as well if not better for the stuff I do - it gives me the warble that I want without any of the watery or whooshy stuff getting in the way. And it kills on fretless!

Never ever owned (or used) a pedal in my life - I just feel SOOOOO inadequate! Mind you, I love the sound of 'Soul Food' - whatever that is/does?! Seriously tho, is any of this stuff appropriate to someone like me who just plays stuff pretty straight in a (mainly '60s-'70s) covers band - something that would enhance/enrich my sound?

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1453895924' post='2963895']
TC Shaker vibrato. A real revelation for me. Vibrato seems a much less commonly used modulation effect for bass than chorus or flange, but I'm finding it works at least as well if not better for the stuff I do - it gives me the warble that I want without any of the watery or whooshy stuff getting in the way. And it kills on fretless!
[/quote]

Yeah I've got the Shaker Mini, I set it up with quite a fast rate, no ramp and have the footswitch acting momentary, so I can just hold it down for short wibbles. I use it like a keyboard aftertouch effect it works great and takes up almost no space on my board. :)

Well it was a guitar pedal, but my favourite pedal purchase was an Xotic SL Drive. I use it in SB mode, which mimics the sound of the Marshall Super Bass amp (as used by Mick Ronson). It's a fire-breathing stack in a tiny box ;)

As an added bonus, Guitar Guitar had it on 40% discount in limited edition silver panel livery and with a voltage doubler included FOC!

Is the Zoom MS60B a 2015er? I think the Zoom B3 was the year before but both of those are pretty hard to beat for great sounds and value for money, though I totally had my mind blown by the TC HyperGravity Compressor pedal - though it has to be in conjunction with the TonePrint Editor software. Easily the best compressor (single) pedal, though I do have a couple of other real favourites. 2016 I hope will see the new bass compressor from TC on my board and I am looking for that illusive 'perfect drive pedal' too.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1451865760' post='2944230']
Probably the EHX Bass Soul Food for me. Great sounding drive for very little money. Nuff said.
[/quote]

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1452170103' post='2947189']
Bass soul food.
Amazing pedal. Superb value for money.
I wouldn't do without it now. Fits in every situation I've used it
[/quote]

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1452173696' post='2947249']
I agree on the soul food,my best for the year
[/quote]

[quote name='gazhowe' timestamp='1452442210' post='2949956']
EHX Bass Soul Food for me.
[/quote]

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1453243741' post='2957869']
EHX Bass Soul Food for me too. Is always on and has helped my Genz Streamliner come alive and cut through a Guitard heavy mix. Love it.
[/quote]

Official BC Pedal of the Year?