Why become a member? ×

SOLD !!! Fodera Emperor II SOLD
£5200

k-sad

Hi all

I put this baby up for sale

1989 Emperor II, Brian Barrett from the Low End was selling this one saying it was one of the very first Emperor II.
This was originally a fretless with 26 frets, but the last 2 were "shaven" in 2010 when the bass was fretted prior to selling.
It also got a new Pope preamp
So what we have is :

35"
5 piece maple neck with walnut stringers
ebony board
19mm spacing going down to 18 (which i'm currently using)
alder body and alder tone block
full lacewood top
d-tuner
Seymour Duncans single pickups
2010 3-band Pope Preamp with mid switch and active passive switch

Frets, preamp, tuners, pickups and bridge look pretty much like new and everything is functional on this bass. It has a few dings and dongs on the body, mainly on the back part but nothing serious, in fact she's pretty well conserved for a 1989 bass (but not the pristine Fodera some look for)

On the music side this bass is a VERY nice instrument, very resonant, well balanced, action is LOW and the singles make it more "traditional" sounding than most singlecut Foderas. You can hear it here : https://soundcloud.com/spoken-worlds, these are duets with vocalists so you can easily hear how it sounds

Asking 5400 pounds or 6000€ shipped anywhere in Europe in a Protec semi hard case. Trade value 6500€ !!! 

IMG_20200327_121436_367.jpg

Edited by k-sad

New Years Bump

Cash is king but as i got asked, i only have a few things in mind as far as trade goes :

Straight trade for the right 34" or 33" Fodera, 5 or 6 string but must be under 19mm spacing and built before 2008

Part x for the right 34" bass, Fodera NYC, Wood and Tronics, Ken Lawrence, Alleva Copollo... again, 18mm tops

This bass is in France by the way.

Here is one example of the duets : [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoISTphstiQ"]https://www.youtube....h?v=CoISTphstiQ[/url]

Edited by k-sad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I found my dream sixer (Tom Clement in my avatar) and i'm definitely willing to downgrade and part with this baby !!!

I have loved her very much and she replied very wishfully (i made a solo album and recorded quite a few things)

This is the real thing will never let u down...

A few battle scars but everything plays perfect !!!

Part trade possible but i'd be very picky as i'm pretty sure i know what luthier will make my next/last bass... But u can always try me with a trade + cash ;) 

5100 GBP or 6000€ shipped in Europe ;)

This bass KILLS but i don't need that much of a bass any more ;)

Cheers !!!!

www.soundcloud.com/spoken-worlds 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • MB1 locked this topic