Why become a member? ×

Upgraded Ampeg 4 x 10
£380

Petey

[center][b]Ampeg 410HLF (4 x10” cab) [/b][/center]
[center](the one with the Chrome roll bar and x2 wheels)[/center]

£380.00 (including original speakers)….so what do you get -

Since I bought this cab second hand 4½ years ago I have worked considerably on it. Apart from the usual - bought a [b]ROQSOID cover[/b], penned in and shoe polished the exterior – (regularly) – its ok, no polish comes off on your hand, and WD’d the ball-bearings in the castors, never used the horn – always turned to zero, I found out years ago how to improve these beasts.

· [b]The MDF frame[/b] - which holds the front exterior cloth (and they always seem to split about 1/2 - 2/3rds of the way down), - I had a stronger one [b]made of pine and fitted.[/b]

· [b]The clumsy cheap colourful wiring[/b] and electricians plastic block (what, you didn’t realise….) I had taken out and [b]excellent quality speaker cable hand wired, silver soldered, point-to-point[/b]….the speaker response and quality of sound is somewhat very noticeably improved.

· I upgraded the original [b]speakers[/b]…(Guitarists hate this part) and the response/depth/clarity of tone is tonnes better. (I kept the original speakers in the boxes of the news ones – all safe and dust/moisture free –with ‘no’ sound scars which speakers often get).

So buy with confidence on a stand out Ampeg cab
I am more than happy for you to come over and try the cab – in fact it would be so much better if you did for all parties concerned. I am based in the middle of Chichester, West Sussex….er, near Bogor Regis….Cash would be best.

[b]NOTE [/b]- The upgraded speakers, were hard-wired (Eminence Legend BP102-4). I can sell you these as well (total 8 x10’’ Spks if you wish) for an extra £100 quid…To buy these spks new would cost you over £250.00 + P&P from ‘Lean Biz’ – there are no sound scars, no issues…nicely run in

If you only want the original speakers then let me know.
[center]Total[/center]
[center]£380.00 with original spks[/center]
[center]£480.00 with original & upgraded spks[/center]
[center]Pete - 01243 839968[/center]

sorry - just to clarify things - yes, it is the american cab

Apart from the one mark shown in the pic above I am not aware of any others

Reason for selling - at 54, although its got excellent wheels and the roll bar, I have to given into natures way of telling me to move with my age and sadly part company with the cab.....

...this cab will cost you £619.00 new (made in China) and not a patch on this one....there are several at £400.00 + on eBay but a bit tatty.....once you hear this you'll kick yourself....a good deal here

• 2 weeks later...