Why become a member? ×

Bass related pressies

Cameronj279

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1451055938' post='2938058']
Bachs 6 cello suites for bass transcription. Will never learn it but looks cool to bust out a few seconds of it!
[/quote]

I have had these for years. They are great for going back to again and again for reading, technique and particularly bowing.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1451052983' post='2938038']

I believe 1964 was a good year for White Nitro but I wouldn't touch White Lightening however!
[/quote]

Ugh. White Lightning. Shudder... Uniting tramps and teenagers since 1990.
I'd actually rather drink the nitro! 😱

A copy of 'how the Fender bass changed the world' from my good lady wife. Fantastic book, a great read. I also thought it was a great book when I got it for Christmas from her last year. Didn't have the heart to tell her! Oh......and I also got socks and under crackers which I shall also play my bass in throughout the year. A gift that keeps on giving!

Nothing directly bass related but my lovely wife did give me this fab early 80s NWOBHM/AOR CD by a band called Grand Prix (it has a nice photo of an alu-necked Kramer on the cover) and the Classic Albums Blu-Ray of the making of 2112 and Moving Pictures... And, Hey, Daphne plays a mean bull fiddle on Some Like It Hot!

Edited by TrevorR

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1451311565' post='2939455']
I received a new squire bronco bass that I will mod and I also was given a nano block bass guitar lol, and from another person was given a little key ring with a guitar on.
Bought myself a dha valve drive pedal for my Xmas gift too myself
[/quote]
Love the Dha valve drive! You'll have a lot of fun with that :-)

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1451400796' post='2940156']
Is that a big enough subject to fill a book ?
[/quote]

You'd be surprised. There is context about the state that Fender was in in the late 70s, the rise of the Japanese makers, the new team brought into Fender and then stuff on all the different models... Plus Tony Bacon always hits a nice balance between readability and geeky detail!