Why become a member? ×

Mark's Diaries: The journey of becoming a pro player

markmcclelland

Hey Rob. Interesting and really cool to make that connection. I know she met a lot of people before me, and meeting her in that context is exactly like going for a job interview. From what you say, it seems like it was nothing personal, more like, this isn't going to work for either of us. As for what's happening with her, it's all coming up. I'm guessing you're reading the diary on Wordpress. That's around 16 months behind where I actually am although it is all written up to date and is on another website. If you want me to PM you with what's going on with her and me now, I can do that.

Edited by markmcclelland

I lost a strap last year. It was my Comfort Strapp - really nice, thick, padded thing. Left it at a gig, which is very unlike me. Never got it back, not for want of trying.

Edit: Also, I have a way of customising my leads too - I wrap a length of yellow electrical tape around it near the end, and then cut some blue electrical tape down to a thin strip and wrap that around as well, so I end up with a sort of yellow-blue-yellow stripe.

S.P

Edited by Stylon Pilson

Good idea with the leads. The number of times I've come away from a gig with different leads to what I took is crazy. Generally doesn't happen now for the same reasons you've said. And yes. It sucks you didn't get the strap back. I know it's something you really get used to. The height, the feel, even the look. Yeah. I was lucky to get mine back and as quick as I did.

I've been trying to connect to your diary page since the 25th; via my saved bookmark, your links and searching via wordpress.

I keep getting a" sorry we can't find that page" message......is there a problem with the web site?

[size=5][color=#141414]Getting very busy and I think I'm somewhat settled and stable for the first time since this began way back in Costa Blanca. Also, why working in a bar is very similar to being a pro musician, and quite a bizarre encounter in the restaurant.[/color]
[color=#141414][url="https://marksdiaries.wordpress.com/2015/12/19/day-61/"]https://marksdiaries...5/12/19/day-61/[/url][/color][/size]

Edited by markmcclelland

Thanks a lot for letting me know that and it's really cool you wanted to check the Omater stuff out. As for the Soundcloud, I think that may have been temporarily disabled as someone else asked me about it recently. As far as I'm aware, the project is still active. I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago but I really don't know exactly what's happening there.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Luulox' timestamp='1460623916' post='3027286']
I really look forward to reading these Mark and can't wait for the next lot!

Cheers

Pete

Pete, it means so much to see that. Thanks a lot for letting me know.

[/quote]
[quote name='ivansc' timestamp='1460629593' post='3027353']
Fascinating stuff, but what a struggle!

Is it really that hard to get a "proper" paying gig these days?
If so, my heart bleeds for ya mate.
[/quote]

Thankyou very much Ivan. The truth is I wouldn't change a thing about the whole journey and progress is being made. But anecdotally, I do understand it has got harder, yes.

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]Do not. Repeat. Do not try this at home. I didn't even mean to try it at work. You may need something to hide behind. Also, some old and great friends pop up, and my london saviour Monica's back too.[/color][/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="https://marksdiaries.wordpress.com/2015/12/19/day-73/"]https://marksdiaries...5/12/19/day-73/[/url][/font][/color]

Edited by markmcclelland