Why become a member? ×

Free Bass Transcriptions

TKenrick

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2018 at 18:53, TKenrick said:

Some of my favourite books for working on sight reading and some tips to maximise your practising efficiency:

An excellent lesson, and just at the right time for me as I'm finally learning theory after 3 decades. Also proof that you should judge a book by its cover...thanks for posting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stewblack said:

You're starting to cost me money now...

IMG_20181230_113224.jpg

YES! Such a great book. And great value, actually - years of horribly beneficial exercises in there. I still come back to mine if I feel like I need to sharpen up my rhythm reading skills (which, in fairness, is most days). Quite a lot of the syncopation in there is written 'badly', which means that if you can survive the book then you can get through pretty much anything.

It works brilliantly away from the bass, too, which is an excellent way to confuse people on public transport... why is that man spasmodically tapping on his leg and swearing under his breath?

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AMJH said:

Hi. Please, could you do a transcription for me of Rex Brown's bass parts in Pantera's 'Mouth for War'. Thanks.

I'm a huge Pantera fan, but unfortunately I don't have time to take individual transcription requests. I have a request competition every few months for those who are subscribed to my website's email list, but outside of that I don't offer bespoke transcriptions; there might be other forum members who do...

It's far more labour intensive but much more beneficial for you to start transcribing things - I made a lengthy video that I posted earlier in this thread about my methods and how to get started with it.

35 minutes ago, TKenrick said:

Been getting lots of questions as to why using double bass books might be good for electric bassists, so here's an overview of what I got from Simandl:

There's also a new transcription here:

Fleetwood Mac - 'Go Your Own Way' bass transcription PDF

Great advice as always , thank you