Why become a member? ×

Free Bass Transcriptions

TKenrick

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TKenrick said:

A bit more Bowie - 'China Girl' transcribed in full:

David Bowie - China Girl Bass Transcription PDF

There are tons of bass books out there that tell you what to practise, but very few that detail how to go about it in the best way, so I wrote one...

Better Bass Practice eBook

Hi TKenrick your book  looks good, is there a paperback version .

On 02/11/2019 at 12:17, Reggaebass said:

Hi TKenrick your book  looks good, is there a paperback version .

Not at the moment, only doing a PDF version to start with (this may change if there's enough demand for paperbacks)

• Thanks 1

On 02/11/2019 at 12:10, TKenrick said:

A bit more Bowie - 'China Girl' transcribed in full:

David Bowie - China Girl Bass Transcription PDF

There are tons of bass books out there that tell you what to practise, but very few that detail how to go about it in the best way, so I wrote one...

Better Bass Practice eBook

Is there a preview of your book anywhere?

8 hours ago, No. 8 Wire said:

Is there a preview of your book anywhere?

I'm in the process of getting the store page updated to show a few page previews, it should be up in a day or two.

EDIT: Sod it, I'll attach some here rather than waiting for my website guy to do it

Sample 1.png

Sample 2.png

Sample 3.png

Sample 4.png

Sample 5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stewblack said:

you were lucky I didn't read this before I bought the book. 

Toto? Get a grip man. 

It's cropped up on a bunch of gigs recently and I've had to confess to not knowing it. As I've said before, everyone has principles until their mortgage is due...

1 hour ago, TKenrick said:

It's cropped up on a bunch of gigs recently and I've had to confess to not knowing it. As I've said before, everyone has principles until their mortgage is due...

I was only teasing! While I don't like the song I'll play anything I'm paid to. And the outro is great. 

On 10/11/2019 at 18:39, TKenrick said:

I'm in the process of getting the store page updated to show a few page previews, it should be up in a day or two.

EDIT: Sod it, I'll attach some here rather than waiting for my website guy to do it

Sample 1.png

I'll buy it as long as you guarantee I don't need to grow a ginger beard...unless that's the secret technique I've been missing all these years?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/01/2020 at 20:43, RCMJ said:

..great! I need to revisit this album!

Her first two albums are such great encyclopedias of groove; I'm in the process of tidying up some more charts from Peace Beyond Passion, so they'll be here in due course.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TKenrick said:

Some thoughts on listening habits in the age of streaming, and why I'm challenging myself to get through 100 albums in 2020:

New Ears' Resolutions - 100 Albums in a Year?

I enjoyed the blog post, I'm really up for giving this or something similar a go.  In my youth I only ever listened to alternative and heavy rock.  Looking back most of which was pretty stinky poo and I missed out on a ton of good music. this is a great opportunity to visit alot of what I previously passed over; Jaco, Stevie Wonder, Parliament etc. etc.

I really want to develop my improvisational ability - I feel this will help a lot.

I would love to go properly old school and do this with Vinyls, unfortunately in the car or out walking are the only opportunities I have to really listen to music so Apple Music it is.

53 minutes ago, TKenrick said:

Some thoughts on listening habits in the age of streaming, and why I'm challenging myself to get through 100 albums in 2020:

New Ears' Resolutions - 100 Albums in a Year?

Are you going to list what you're listening to through the year? Did i miss that bit.

Great idea, I'd never get the time.  I do not cheap cds and vinyl as the opportunity arises for just the reasons you outline.

Great quotes too!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Wow that’s a lot of learning, how do you find the time, 

It's roughly 80 mins a day, which isn't that much - I do an album each way on my commute, I also stick on albums in the background if I'm cooking dinner or similar. Just had a baby, so there's a lot of time sitting around feeding him at the moment when I can't get any other work done, so that's now prime listening time.

22 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I enjoyed the blog post, I'm really up for giving this or something similar a go.  In my youth I only ever listened to alternative and heavy rock.  Looking back most of which was pretty stinky poo and I missed out on a ton of good music. this is a great opportunity to visit alot of what I previously passed over; Jaco, Stevie Wonder, Parliament etc. etc.

I really want to develop my improvisational ability - I feel this will help a lot.

I would love to go properly old school and do this with Vinyls, unfortunately in the car or out walking are the only opportunities I have to really listen to music so Apple Music it is.

I'm the same - I was basically raised on Dire Straits, The Eagles and very little else, then spent my teens listening to nothing but metal. I'm doing a blend of CDs and Spotify for precisely the reasons you mentioned.

22 hours ago, No. 8 Wire said:

Are you going to list what you're listening to through the year? Did i miss that bit.

Great idea, I'd never get the time.  I do not cheap cds and vinyl as the opportunity arises for just the reasons you outline.

Great quotes too!

I wasn't going to make a list, but it might be good to make it public as a way of holding myself accountable and making sure I don't quit by March!

• Like 3