Why become a member? ×

Gibson LP 50's tribute etune @ £399

Owen

Looks like a terrific bargain for somebody.

One thing I would say though is that I found the LP quite an odd guitar to live with - fabulous sound of course, but you couldn't sit down with it on your lap, upper fret access was a joke and (mine at least was) pretty heavy to have on your shoulder for an hour at a time.

Mine was an '80s Custom that I bought from a guy in the States. It smelled like somebody had been sick on it (which didn't help me warm to it's charms :blink: - not the guitar's fault I know, but all the same...). I couldn't get on with it and sold it on at a very small profit after about 6 months.

Edited by leftybassman392

• 3 weeks later...

Well i got one, and I have to say it's fantastic! My friend has a custom, costing more than 3x as much and he was seething when I showed it to him and told him how much it was!

Leftybassman392 I think your comments are probably about Les Paul's in general. They are not for everyone that's true. I've always thought LPs were good for power chords and screaming solos, but not much else. I have to say though, this one with the P-90s seems a bit more versatile. I also like the stripped back look - but I think regular LPs are a bit bling!

The magic tuning thingy on these takes a bit of getting used to (the E A D side works backwards if you tune manually for a start). It takes a couple of strums to get them all in tune, but it's still faster than doing it by hand.

The lovely chap on the phone told me they were getting some more of these in January, so if you're tempted, keep an eye on the site, they are £200 more everywhere else!