Why become a member? ×

If you know music, you know how incredible this is.

JakeBrownBass

It is impressive... and I wish I could do that, etc.

BUT perfect pitch can be curse... people who have sometimes lose it. Some people with it can't bear to hear music with elements that are a little out of tune... (inc. guitar and bass which are approximations of varying levels).

And finally, this is ultimately just a trick. It doesn't mean a thing until that kid is older and making music we can all enjoy. Then it's time to be impressed.

Good luck to him, at the very least he's going to find piano playing and music arrangement and producing a breeze so he's got a whole musical career laid out for him.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1450607150' post='2934183']
The kid has perfect pitch, a massive musical gift that is rare (1 in 10000 people have it apparently) but not unique.
[/quote]

I've known two people in my lifetime who demonstrably had perfect pitch, one guitarist & one keyboard player.

And a handful of non instrument playing vocalists who claimed to have perfect pitch, but either didn't actually know what the term means or were just lying to themselves...

Edited by Cato