Why become a member? ×

Wonky2

[quote name='Musashimonkey' timestamp='1459797021' post='3019797']
I would... But I'm scared of logging out, especially now I've seen how much trouble logging in can bring!
[/quote]
Nothing to worry about, if you have problems just post here for assistance or start a new topic. Worse that can happen is you get bumped several times a week.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1460116193' post='3022715']

Nothing to worry about, if you have problems just post here for assistance or start a new topic. Worse that can happen is you get bumped several times a week.
[/quote]

Surely not?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1469841997' post='3101496']...[i]I never knew the name of the film, even though I remember seeing it several times when I was a kid[/i]
[/quote]

'Tales That Witness Madness', the 'Mel' episode...

[url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_That_Witness_Madness"]Tales That Witness Madness, Wikipedia ... [/url]

http://youtu.be/eZg0uUJGm50

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1469843002' post='3101499']

'Tales That Witness Madness', the 'Mel' episode...

[url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_That_Witness_Madness"]Tales That Witness Madness, Wikipedia ... [/url]

http://youtu.be/eZg0uUJGm50
[/quote]
Did you know or did you get the info from the name in the jpg address? Or maybe a Joan Collins filmography?

All I remembered was that a man fell in love with a tree, and in the end the tree wins.

There are a couple of films I remember watching back then that I would love to know more about, but I only remember certain scenes. One looks like a hammer horror in which people are sacrificed on a stone alter (attached to a wall at one end) where a large, wrought iron gate looking thing, with what looks like the shape of a bat in it, hinges down and crushes the victims.

The other was very disturbing. It's supposed to be a true story. There was a girl whose mum would keep chained to a piano for hours and hours, and when she inevitably wet herself, the mum would take a hot poker to her insides. It was nasty. I don't want to see it again, but I would be intrigued to know more.

I would have been around seven years old when I saw them (~1982). My mum loves horror films, but she didn't like watching them alone and my dad worked nights. And as I was the oldest son, and the only one that didn't get freaked out, she liked me to stay up and watch them with her. I saw quite a few of the "video nasties" before they were banned.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1469845736' post='3101504']

The other was very disturbing. It's supposed to be a true story. There was a girl whose mum would keep chained to a piano for hours and hours, and when she inevitably wet herself, the mum would take a hot poker to her insides. It was nasty. I don't want to see it again, but I would be intrigued to know more.

[/quote]

The film is called `Sybil` or `Cybil`? Sally Field plays the leading role. In it, her "safe-place" where she can open up to her therapist about her terrifying childhood is a large, overstuffed armchair she refers to as "the big chair". I remember reading somewhere that the Tears for Fears' album and track, "Songs from the Big Chair", are a side reference to this.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1469845736' post='3101504']
Did you know or did you get the info from the name in the jpg address?...
[/quote]

'Right-click' on the original picture, then 'Search similar image by Google'. Absolutely no merit, I'm afraid. :- |

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1450571148' post='2934038']
Mods please delete this thread to avoid clutter and embarrassment.
[/quote]

Though I'd just touch base with this. :D Thanks to everyone who posted recently, I'd ALMOST forgotten about it, which would have been a shame.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Skinnyman' timestamp='1469881824' post='3101734']

+1
It would have been a shame to let all this valuable advice slip into obscurity.
[/quote]

You're quite right. I don't know what criteria is needed to get a thread pinned; and it's likely this will never need it. But it could be a consideration for the mods maybe?

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1469848516' post='3101505']

The film is called `Sybil` or `Cybil`? Sally Field plays the leading role. In it, her "safe-place" where she can open up to her therapist about her terrifying childhood is a large, overstuffed armchair she refers to as "the big chair". I remember reading somewhere that the Tears for Fears' album and track, "Songs from the Big Chair", are a side reference to this.
[/quote]
Yes!

In the past, when I have searched, that is the only thing that ever came up, but I only had that one scene to go on and could never find any images or clips of it, and I don't remember any of the stuff from Sybil that I could find. However, I have just found the exact scene on YouTube.

So, thank you, I can now tick that one off!

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1469894888' post='3101866']

Yes!

In the past, when I have searched, that is the only thing that ever came up, but I only had that one scene to go on and could never find any images or clips of it, and I don't remember any of the stuff from Sybil that I could find. However, I have just found the exact scene on YouTube.

So, thank you, I can now tick that one off!
[/quote]

Glad I could help, but more than anything I'm just delighted to see this thread back in action.