Why become a member? ×

Wonky2

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452968049' post='2955225']
Absolutely right and proper. To err is human. Just because the OP had a problem logging in - as he had his cookies switched off for some reason - and then rather egregiously blamed his two-year-old child for the error is neither here nor there, is it? Water under the bridge. :mellow:
[/quote]

You don't think that this thread should be preserved until the poor child can read it and properly repudiate the allegations?

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1453631708' post='2961115']
Has anyone handed in my bus pass? I think I dropped it when I was here earlier. Ta.
[/quote]

Mother?........Not mother........?

(Strictly speaking, this belongs in the film quotes thread.)

Edited by SICbass

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1454587266' post='2971047']
Noon! Time for my meds. And get a couple of apple danish in before 'Bargain Hunt'.
It's tough for old people in Cxxxxxx's Britain.
[/quote]

Must we once again remind all that posting flaming criticism of the current freely-chosen political bent is not to be recommended, as there are various susceptible folks capable of taking umbrage at the least aspersion throwing unfavourable light on the governance of the country..? Much more of this political mud-slinging will only result in the locking of the topic; surely not to be countenanced on such a well-run and free-thinking forum such as this..? It's so simple; just keep away from these touchy subjects, or the wrath of the Authorities will unfortunately be unleashed, and we wouldn't want that, would we..?
Less of the favouritism broking the merits of foreign European mets, too, please. There's much to be said for the humble Eccles cake; not least the [i]fact [/i]that it is British.
(... [i]and don't get me started on Brussels sprouts..![/i])

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1454590304' post='2971094']
We won't! The previous 'episode' is still very fresh in our memories :blink:
[/quote]

I would like to reassure the younger members here that the photo mentioned is, in fact, a 'trick' photo, carefully playing on perspective and distance to fool the eyes into seeing that which is not really there, in similar fashion to this picture from Paris; there is no giant bear [i]really [/i]tearing the Eiffel Tower apart. It's just clever placing of the camera and such ...

There were no photographers present during the embarrassing (and painful...) episode referred to in the previous post. The scars have mostly healed, but the woodwork had to be skipped. Still 'twas better than the butter bean incident. They never did find trace of the goat. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353