Why become a member? ×

Wonky2

• 1 month later...

We had band rehearsal last night and, well, I was really busy this week so I didn't get a proper amount of time to learn the new songs. It was suggested that we learn Footloose, but if I'm honest, I couldn't get into the song no matter how much I tried.

Mods, can you help with my Loggins trouble?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, dood said:

We had band rehearsal last night and, well, I was really busy this week so I didn't get a proper amount of time to learn the new songs. It was suggested that we learn Footloose, but if I'm honest, I couldn't get into the song no matter how much I tried.

Mods, can you help with my Loggins trouble?

Wow, snap, same here (though Tuesday night for me). Not a fan of the song, and that running bass line towards the end of the track may take more effort to learn than I’ve got...

Please let me know if you get any good tips from the Mods on this issue...

The bassline is tricky if you want to play every note of the original, but i just did something similar still using those 16ths and to the untrained earhole, it sounded very similar.

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

Playing the bass line verbatim is no hassle at all, it's a pretty straightforward affair. I just sometimes struggle with wading through the overwhelming amount of cheese in songs like this one. I know the audience will love it and we'll end up doing something cool with it, but even so! ha haha!! 

My Loggins troubles were a Danger Zone. 

Just tried to log on on another PC with my updated super secure password. I got one letter wrong ( I never was any good on keyboards). I was immediately locked out for 14 minutes after just one attempt. I suppose this is the new forum software.

Just thought I'd LOG this complaint....

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Musashimonkey said:

I must say that I’m really impressed with the commitment and dedication the community continues to show in supporting this ongoing issue. 

It's taking us quite a while, as there's a backlog. :|

• 2 months later...