Why become a member? ×

Good Day

MusicalJuggernaught

Hey Guys and Gals.
I am a youngish bass player from the West Country. Have played for about 4ish years. I play mainly jazz or funk. But have recently had to fill in for a local metal band, no idea why i agreed to do that. Have a a couple of instruments. Fender Mike Dirnt P-Bass, i have modded it to the extent to which it can no longer be associated with green day. A Yamaha TRB 4II, Yamaha RBX 374 and a Vox Standard bass (picked up at a car booty for 35 bills :) ). Amp wise pretty poor, Laney RB3. Use a few effects pedals, Big Muff, Little Stone and Cry Baby. Dunno why i bought the pedals, sounded good at the time. Don't like the sound in a band set up.

Hi There, and welcome from another noob!
That's a great score for the Vox! I had one and defretted it, sounded really nice as a fretless, what with the pickup near the bridge. They do weigh a bit though! Don't be tempted to take the finish off it though, you won't find anything nice underneath (lesson learned the hard way!)
Cheers
MBA

[quote name='MusicalJuggernaught' post='283343' date='Sep 13 2008, 08:40 PM']Fender Mike Dirnt P-Bass, i have modded it to the extent to which it can no longer be associated with green day.[/quote]

Good move :huh: :huh: I've always liked the look of those basses but the association with MD and GD has put me off buying one. Perhaps I shouldn't be such a gear snob :)

Anyway, welcome to BC