Why become a member? ×

Guitar Insurance

Uberkate

I've had a quick search on the forums to see if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find anything. Apologies if there are already a bunch'a threads about this.

Anyway, I've recently bought a dream guitar and want to get it insured - it's going to be traveling with me to a lot of gigs in the UK and Europe... and possibly further afield.

Got a quick quote from Allianz for 'worldwide including unattended vehicle' for £40 a year which seems... incredibly reasonable tbh. Obviously I would need to check out the details first but was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with buying or claiming on instrument insurance, good pointers on what to look out for etc. etc.

Bit of a boring thread but any advice welcome. There are a *lot* of companies out there!

Edited by Uberkate

I have my gear covered as specified items (with a replacement value) on my house insurance, with special dispensation to use them for "Professional Use" for the rare occassion I receive any money for a gig...

They are supposedly covered when away from the home, against theft, accidental damage etc but I guess I'll only know how covered they actually are if it comes down to making a claim.

Edited by CamdenRob