Why become a member? ×

Incredible Value for Money Gig Bag

FuNkShUi

I don't usually shout about something i have just bought/got, but thought this was worth mentioning.

I recently asked for a gig bag for Christmas off the other half.

She went ahead and ordered me one, without telling me which one, or that she was even going to do it.

She told me she ordered me a "cheap one from that Thomas shop" . She meant Thomann.

Oh well. It is what it is, i thought.

Well the case arrived on Saturday. (About 3 days after ordering), and i have to say, it's amazing!

£23 and its far superior to anything i've used before.

It's this one:
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_premium_gigbag_e_bass_br.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_premium_gigbag_e_bass_br.htm[/url]

The material feels of a real high quality. The padding is really thick. The general construction is top notch. It has a great neck support built into it.

All for £23!!

I'm currently enjoying my humble pie.

If you're looking for a good gig bag at any price range, you could do far worse.

Looks as good, if not better than the Warwick top-of-the-range Rockbags, and I've had a couple of them in the past when I was playing Warwicks,
I might be ordering one of these soon,although the shipping cost will push the overall cost up. :unsure:

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1450089948' post='2929388']
Maybe a stupid question, but, does it stand up on it`s own when empty? I have a Warwick bag, and it is so flimsy and difficult to put a bass in compared to the other case I have.
[/quote]

Not something i've noticed, but i'll have a look at it when i get home.

It certainly isn'y flimsy though.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1450093208' post='2929445']
I have that very same case for my Yammy bass and echo exactly the same words. Very good value for money and plenty of padding. Much better than some four times the place.
[/quote]

Yeh i agree

I have 2 for my main basses. When one arrived, there was a fault with one of them and its zip - Thomann sent me out a free replacement very quickly with no quibbling. I still have the faulty one and is useable as a bag for the car, if you're careful.

I regularly travel on the train up to London with mine and find the "backpack" shoulder straps very comfortable indeed.

I have seen some much better quality/more protective bags, but not for this low price. Very happy with mine.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1450089948' post='2929388']
Maybe a stupid question, but, does it stand up on it`s own when empty? I have a Warwick bag, and it is so flimsy and difficult to put a bass in compared to the other case I have.
[/quote]

I find mine do. It's not rock solid stiff, but doesn't bend in the middle and flop over like a really cheap one. If you were to fill the headstock pocket with a load of stuff it might be a different story though - I just have a lightweight tuner and a pencil in mine!

Hmm...good call.

I have a couple of crappy ones from Warwick I believe.... and they've done ok over a 3 or 4 years.
They are what they are...and I have proper cases when required, so the bags are just for the car
and the zips are going and generally soon to be retired.

Thanks all..... happy xmas to me... will buy a couple. :lol: