Why become a member? ×

***SOLD**** Fender 1957 Precision Bass ***Now below £6K!!!*** Original Vintage
£6500

Chiliwailer

Now £5800....o.n.o.....
...which is an incredible price for an original 50's Fender. The word 'investment' is too commonly used these days on lesser examples, but this bass at this price is the real deal. If it doesn't go in the next week or two on BC I'll take it to a dealer for a commission sale. Feel free to PM for a chat.

This is a stunning bass every way you look at it. A real piece of proper rock n roll history and pedigree and it sounds exceptional.

It's an original 1957 P Bass, one of the last before Fender moved over to the 'new' style P Bass. Apart from new pots and cap it's all original, finish included. I doubt the covers are original too, it's impossible to prove and they are clean.

This bass is very well documented on Andy Baxter's website and comes with a 2013 sales receipt for £8000 from New Kings Road Vintage Guitars, as well as pictures and a complement slip with details about the bass which was sent from NKR when they first sold it many many years back for a mere £2900. Please email me for more details about all this if interested.
Link to Andy's website [url="http://andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=774"]http://andybaxterbas...ails.php?id=774[/url]

Andy was selling this for £7250 which was a great price, but cutting out the middle man this is available for a cool £5800 o.n.o.

No trades by post please, in fact I can't imagine doing a trade but it's worth PM'ing me just in case. Cheers.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO BE LINKED TO MANY MORE.

[url="http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/chiliwailer/media/57P/image_zpsaod374jz.jpeg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/chiliwailer/media/57P/image_zpsqz6ynyz5.jpeg.html"][/url]

Edited by Chiliwailer

That's one of the few basses I've seen on here recently that I would jump at if I had the money, what an absolutely incredible instrument at an equally incredible price. The last all original 57 I saw was on sale for £15,000.

Good luck Dan, I doubt you're happy to be selling it?

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1450031218' post='2928962']
That's one of the few basses I've seen on here recently that I would jump at if I had the money, what an absolutely incredible instrument at an equally incredible price. The last all original 57 I saw was on sale for £15,000.

Good luck Dan, I doubt you're happy to be selling it?

Chris
[/quote]

Hey Chris, cheers for the comments pal. You're spot on, I'm not happy at all about listing this one. But then am I ever?! I've previously listed my Modulus and one of Mike Lull's and then opted to keep them so I may just come to my senses again, I mean how often do you get to own and regularly play a bass like this?

Wow, £15k is crazy! I'm with you though, nothing has stood out for me in ages too. Makes selling this even crazier I guess.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1450045202' post='2929179']
What a stunning bass. Please withdraw it immediately before I sell the wife.
[/quote]

I've just asked my wife if the savings can be used to make a solid investment

"I'm ignoring this attempt..."

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1450045202' post='2929179']
Please withdraw it immediately before I sell the wife.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm glad you noticed I said no trades :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1450051222' post='2929232'].

Nice one Chilli - Thank you for the photos :gas:
[/quote]

Cheers pal, I'll miss her if she sells.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1450046470' post='2929191']

I've just asked my wife if the savings can be used to make a solid investment

"I'm ignoring this attempt..."
[/quote]

Shall we show her the NKR receipt for £8000 :)

[quote name='Gary Williams' timestamp='1451828109' post='2943719']
Oh my God.....

Just magnificent!
[/quote]

Thanks Gary, very special indeed :)

[quote name='chrisanthony1211' timestamp='1451829093' post='2943736']
How many times can you sell your soul!
I think I'm in double figures!!
[/quote]

Triple figures isn't Chris? What with the 3 Fleas ;)