Why become a member? ×

ACG Skinny Stringed Things

eude

Hey there,
like most folks on here, I'm pretty much a bass player, but I have dabbled in the dark arts of skinny strings over the years, but have never owned a nice guitar of my own.
I acquired an ACG Skelf Prototype from Alan at ACG a couple of years back, which was magnificent, really solid, as beautifully made as all his basses.
It's a solid beast, with a sycamore body with a maple cap finished in 'nessie green burst', maple/wenge neck and rosewood board.

Here's a few pics, and keep reading, I've got something REALLY special to follow...

OK, so earlier this week, I received a package from ACG Towers, a new guitar!
This one is an ACG Tchib and it's amazing, a real super strat. Super light, and super fast playing, swamp ash body with exquisite quilted maple top, flamed maple/wenge neck with a wenge fingerboard, and the whole thing finished in a rich rich purple.

I love the Skelf guitar, and it's perfect for a 'workman like' guitarist like myself, but I had always longed for something a little bit lighter and faster.
The Tchib is it!
I think of the Skelf like a bit of a Les Paul/SG type chugger and the Tchib like a Jackson or ESP type beast.
I'm going to tune the Skelf to B standard and leave the Tchib as is for now.

Alan makes amazing guitars as well as basses, so if you're in the market for a really good custom guitar, I suggest you give him a shout.

Apologies for the number of pictures, but hopefully if you got this far down the post you enjoyed them.

Any questions, just shout!

Cheers,
Eude

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1453806457' post='2962849']
Nice work....the second isn't my style but I appreciate the work that has gone into that!
[/quote]
[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1453807967' post='2962882']
That Tchib is very very nice! Reminds me of a few Skervesen guitars I've saw.
[/quote]

I appreciate it would be an acquired taste, but it works beautifully in real life.
Cameron, I'll bring it along to the Moffat Bash if you fancy a widdle.

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1453808106' post='2962884']

Cameron, I'll bring it along to the Moffat Bash if you fancy a widdle.

Eude
[/quote]

Ha! You wouldn't be saying that if you had ever saw me play a guitar!

I haven't got my ticket for the bash yet cause of money issues but hoping to get a weekend ticket before they're all gone!

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1453808414' post='2962888']
Ha! You wouldn't be saying that if you had ever saw me play a guitar!

I haven't got my ticket for the bash yet cause of money issues but hoping to get a weekend ticket before they're all gone!
[/quote]

I've not got my ticket yet, for similar reasons, but I'm definitely going, even if I have to set up in the car park! ;)

Eude

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys.
To me, the Tchib is more of a 'Superstrat' and the Skelf more of a chunky rock guitar.
I may well tune one to B standard for some serious metal riffage though :)

Glad you like the guitars!

Eude

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1459776705' post='3019465']
Love the lack of string retainer on the Tchib headstock. Looks super clean and very sexy. Love it!
[/quote]

Ah, it's very clever, it's actually an angled headstock, which does away with the need for the retainer and yes, it's super clean and sexy :)

Eude

• 1 month later...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1463761976' post='3053939']
Not sure if anyone who's been thinking about an AGC has seen this thread here:-

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/285186-guitar-sale/"]http://basschat.co.u...86-guitar-sale/[/url]
[/quote]

Yup, if you want a custom made high end guitar at a very good price, I thoroughly recommend giving Alan a call!
I would if I didn't have two already :)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1463989364' post='3055477']
Yup, if you want a custom made high end guitar at a very good price, I thoroughly recommend giving Alan a call!
I would if I didn't have two already :)

Eude
[/quote]

Already paid the deposit on one :) Very excited to be joining the ACG family.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1464026366' post='3055892']
Already paid the deposit on one :) Very excited to be joining the ACG family.
[/quote]

Excellent, which one did you go for?...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1464034216' post='3056023']
The Reiver. Was torn between that and the TKO as I've never had a tele but the Reiver just jumped out at me. I keep looking at that thread and willing the month to end so I can get paid and get my hands on it!
[/quote]

The Reiver shape is wonderful, the ever so slightly reverse offset makes it extremely comfortable to play seated or standing.
You're going to love it!

Eude

• 1 year later...

Second hand Kompakt 6 available.
Details at: [url="http://reiverguitars.co.uk/project/006kp/"]http://reiverguitars.../project/006kp/[/url]

Change to the pickup spec in that the neck now has a single coil in it and the switch is a 3 way instead of the usual 5 way. I am not selling the guitar but will be happy to put you in touch with the owner. Hopefully this will be OK with the mods if not let me know.

[color=#C8C8C8][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

Edited by skelf