Why become a member? ×

Second hand amps, which one?

Che

I'm still not sure which amp to get. I'm running low on fuel (money) so Im looking at some second hand amps here in Denmark. Never had a bass amp in my life so ... help me decide please :)

These amps are on offer and very cheap:

[b]Leny RB 300W Super bass combo[/b]

[b]Ampeg Micro-CL 100 w head with 2x10" (looks like new)[/b]

[b]Ampeg BA 115 , 100 W combo[/b]

[b]Warwick W-CCL 300 W combo 15"[/b]

[b]Hartke model 2000, 15" Combo, 200 W[/b]

Home use, rehearsals, small gigs.
I play all from clean to dirty so an all rounder would suit me fine. I am also planning to play my el-guitar on this amp so should suit that need too if possible.

Thank you!

Edited by Che

[quote name='Che' timestamp='1449592039' post='2924965']...help me decide please...
[/quote]

Che...

Simples, really, imo. All the outfits listed are decent rigs; go for whichever is closest, or cheapest, or appeals to your aesthetic senses the most, or whatever... It's no big deal. None of 'em are rubbish, so choose the path of least resistance. If, indeed, money is tight, I'd say get the cheapest. There's nothing so remarkably distinct to rule out any of 'em, especially for the multi-purpose you'll be putting 'em to.
Hope this helps (but it may not... :( )

Thanks Dad! Leny is the cheapest but it also looks the oldest (it was kicked around I can see) But Im looking at the Ampeg Micro-CL stack with 2x10" I need this amp for guitar playing too. A 15" amp could just be a bit too boomey for it.

Its 200 Euros and looks like new!

I wouldn't judge any cab, or its use, solely by speaker diameter. My favorite cab for guitar is my Fender Bassman 2 x 15; excellent for bass (well, it is, the way [i]I [/i]play...) and fabulous for guitar. I've an Ampeg 4 x 10 which does very little for guitar. I'm not saying the 2 x 10 will be bad; simply one can't judge solely by speaker size. Whichever you're most attracted to will be fine ([size=2]until you get to hear yourself playing through Mesa Boogie stuff, of course[/size]...).

Thanks for the tip, will look at the Hartke model 2000, 15" 2115Combo, 200 W or maybe wait if anything else shows up ... or maybe I should simply go to my biggest local music shop and check some bass amps to get a rough idea how they sound both with bass and guitar ...

Hartke are pretty well known for a having a clean focused sound, so that may well work well with the guitar, not colouring any effects you want on it. Hartke gear is very nice too. I like the Ampeg gear but not too sure how an electric guitar would sound with that.

Try those within sensible travelling distance. Do not be put off by speaker size as Dad pointed out. One of the best guitar combos I have used was a Peavey 15" bass combo. Big expansive full guitar tone, go figure :). Choose the one that sound best to you.