Why become a member? ×

Fender American Vintage & Musicman Classic

Schnozzalee

Now they've been out a while, what are people's thoughts on these? I owned a couple of the old AVRI guitars, but my G&Ls blew them away, so I just wanted to see if anythings improved? I've never tried the Classics, although I've owned a '94 Sterling in the past.

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1449502669' post='2924125']
Stingray classic owner here.

Love it, the electronics are the same but the body is a slab rather than the contours of the standard one. You also have a 7.25 inch radius.
[/quote]

Skinny frets, string through body, chrome battery cover. Different finishes and a stunning figured maple neck.

I've had mine since they were first introduced in 2010 - it's a stunning bass and has more recently been joined by a classic Sabre bass.

My Classic Ray has done a large number of gigs but is still good as new. The sound is great and it's currently strung with TI flats for that real Bernard Edwards sound.

I have tried the current AV 63 P bass (sonic blue) and AV 64 Jazz (LPB) - they are both very good (though a recent extended play in a shop on an Adam Clayton Jazz has made me realise the current high end US medals are also v good).

No I wouldn't swap my Classic Ray for either - having used it last weekend in a six piece band, just the sound on the Sade songs alone was enough to make me smile inanely - I might have the P in addition but not instead.

Edited by drTStingray