Why become a member? ×

Stage Times

LiamPodmore

Has anyone else noticed that bigger bands are taking longer and longer to actually come out and play these days? At Bring Me The Horizon last week they took 40 minutes from the support ending until their intro started. All they have to do is move some stuff off stage, put a few mic stands and pedalboards out and job done. Smaller gigs we have a 10-15 minute turnaround, why can't they.

Liam

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1449238599' post='2921863']
I've just realised how hopelessly out of touch I've become :o
[/quote]

Perhaps you're not out of touch but merely, like me, you have no idea what deathcore is and maybe also have no interest in knowing.

Or is it metalcore? I wouldn't know the difference.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1449239301' post='2921870']
Perhaps you're not out of touch but merely, like me, you have no idea what deathcore is and maybe also have no interest in knowing.

Or is it metalcore? I wouldn't know the difference.
[/quote]

1.4 million Twitter followers - imagine how big this band would be if they all went out and bought their records!! (Sorry, thread hi-jack, different conversation entirely).

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1449239500' post='2921874']
[URL=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/h4ppyjack/media/Just%20Stuff/Music%20and%20Musicians/KissGoneWrong.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Just%20Stuff/Music%20and%20Musicians/KissGoneWrong.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

In all fairness, if I were contractually obliged to go out on stage dressed like that, it would take substantially longer than 40 minutes to talk me into it every night.

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1449236279' post='2921830']
Has anyone else noticed that bigger bands are taking longer and longer to actually come out and play these days? At Bring Me The Horizon last week they took 40 minutes from the support ending until their intro started. All they have to do is move some stuff off stage, put a few mic stands and pedalboards out and job done. Smaller gigs we have a 10-15 minute turnaround, why can't they.

Liam
[/quote]

A lot of those bands go straight to the promoter to get paid. Many won't go on until they're paid.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1449281744' post='2922285']
I saw The Stones this summer. Buddy Guy opened for them. They were scheduled to start at 9:00. They started promptly at 9:00.

Blue
[/quote]

It can't have been because they needed to finish before Keith's bedtime ...

[media]http://youtu.be/lPzS-HdgLJM[/media]

[/quote]

I know, it seems astonishing a band I thought were as absurdly awful as BMTH a couple of years ago, have their new record advertised on prime time TV and are headlining the Royal Albert Hall with a full orchestra.

Still, people like what they like.

[/quote]
😄 you and me both.
Gah, all this modern music is a noise. And you can't hear the words. Is it time for my nap yet?

Gigs of that scale have a bit more kit to shift about that your average night at the Dog and Duck, although there's a fair few more hands on deck to do it! There's a lot more happens in terms of making sure everything is ready and working perfectly before the headliners hit the stage though.