Why become a member? ×

Fender JV (not squire JV) 1982 Non-Export Precision Bass in rare Candy Apple Red (TRADES and SALE)
£1200

Mattybob7

I'm a bit fed up hearing that early 80s Japanese basses are superior to USA basses of the same period. In my opinion they are not. I have the most wonderful 1984 USA standard precision. I have also had Japenese offerings which I moved on quite quckly. It's all opinion so please don't state that one bass is better than another as if it was a fact. Take each bass on it's own merits which brings us all back to the point of this thread. I have no doubt that the bass for sale is an excellent bass and wish the seller every good wish in concluding a successful sale.

great bass!!! why are you selling this.....?

Easily one of the best JVs I've played,much better than most of them and a rare colour... a great touring option for a pre cbs tone and feel without the price tag.

good luck man, maybe just sell it to me instead...??

Dave

Edited by fretless bob

[quote name='fretless bob' timestamp='1451144251' post='2938535']
great bass!!! why are you selling this.....?

Easily one of the best JVs I've played,much better than most of them and a rare colour... a great touring option for a pre cbs tone and feel without the price tag.

good luck man, maybe just sell it to me instead...??

Dave
[/quote]

finally somebody making sense :D ! ah !

[quote name='walplayer' timestamp='1451295540' post='2939293']
In 32 years the 3 Fender jv,s that i've come across have all been magical instruments ,nice weights ,really well constructed and big sound .
This looks a lovely example ,good luck with the sale ,though i think you'll regret selling it.
[/quote]

somebody else making sense...

ah this thread is improving :D

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1454696754' post='2972243']
well said Charlie ... pisses on a LOT of Vintage stuff out there costing 5 times your or mat's ones..
[/quote]
[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1454754298' post='2972599']
Yawn!
[/quote]
[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1454754497' post='2972600']
Obviously, because it's a Fender JV not a Squier.
[/quote]

This one is not going to lie down or go away is it! Well, mines a [b][size=5]Squier JV[/size][/b]. I'm proud of it and don't care who knows it, and it definitely plays better than [b][size=5]anyone[/size][/b] [b][size=5]elses[/size][/b], because a. its mine and b. all my friends agree. It won't help to tell me anymore times that this one is better, because it isn't! So there! And if anyone argues about this anymore I am going to take my ball home....

Edited by MoJoKe

The point is that when selling a bass then do just that. Provide good information and photos and put a price on the bass. If it's worth it then it will sell. Just don't say that it is better than any other basses because that is irrelevant and a matter of opinion. Someone may just be selling one of the basses that is supposedly inferior and thus the sale could be affected. The moral of the tale is stick to your own bass when selling and forget the rest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...