Why become a member? ×

2015 New Years Eve Gigs, What's Happenjng?

blue

We've collectively decided not to do one , everyone has family's and we don't fancy the comedown and pack up that night

Best night of the year to be on the other side of the mix's imo

Good luck to everyone who's gigging , not being negative , just my current situation , might change when the kids are older

We have a New Year's Day gig and have done these last few years. It's a sweet gig, going on for the early slot about 6. Lot's of tourists and regulars kicking about and the mix of rock/pop covers along with Irish stuff (Pogues etc) goes down a treat!

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1449083286' post='2920687']
We're playing Barrow in Furness. Sweet Baby Jeebers and the Orphans... :( :D

It might be fun, tho if it is, I suspect that'll be a first for Barrow... :D
[/quote]

Not the end of the worl, but you can see it from there. It can be rough - or great. They kno how to drink, so be prepared for an interesting evening and a challenging Load out. I'd take the Squier P and the Peavey combo! Have a great one! Always some girls up for a bop, and they don't overdress IME!

Playing my Local pub. First time they have had a band on and the layout after a massive refit this year is somewhat challenging but everyone is looking forward to it.

It will make a change for me to be playing near home ....the rest of the band can travel from Birmingham for a change!

Should be fun and the landlord has offered free beer for us all night ....on top of decent wages....I will be able to make the most of if ;)

Offered a nice gig at a pub we play in regularly. went there last year to watch a mates band and it was a great evening, so I was pleased to be asked - his band had to drop out last week.. Everyone said yes......the our guitar/singer/frontman bailed so we had to say no. A shame really, as I was really looking forward to it.

For the first time in about 15 years I'm not playing this NYE. In fact my whole December is unusually quiet for some reason.

Like some of the others posting here, I've got a wife and young boy so I'm going to put my spare time to good use and spend some quality time with them.

Quite looking forward to staying in for a change!

We're playing the Poppy & Pint in Lady Bay.

We weren't first choice but one of the band that couldn't do it mentioned it to me. Being a seven piece I was amazed that everyone could do it. Our lead singer lives down the road so he made our pitch to the pub and voila NYE gig. 😀

Edited by cytania

Last year we played at a rather nice restaurant down on the coast and had a great time. During the break they booked us for this year...!

It's a long evening, starting at 8pm and finishing around 1am. The band split into various combinations to do some duo/trio sets. We kick off with acoustic ballads and some jazz while dinner is served, then break open the rock & roll barrel as the evening progresses. The money is good and they supply the band and our partners with a top quality 4 course meal.

It's not our typical venue but it's nice to have our partners there and be looked after....