Why become a member? ×

Jazz bass with a Precision size Neck?

LewisK1975

Anyone know of any Basses made like that?

I know there are Precisions which have more Jazz type necks, but what about the other way round?

I really like the sound of a Jazz, but I played P-Basses for so long that it's just what feels comfortable to me...

Any suggestions??

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1448979802' post='2919750']
You could just buy a P neck & put it on your jazz - I'm thinking of doing this at the moment because when I flick back to the jazz from my (chunky-necked) Warwick it's just too thin for comfort.
[/quote]

I feel the same... I love the look and sound of Jazz basses but just don't get on with the necks. I think some kind of bitsa may be in the offing.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1448979802' post='2919750']
You could just buy a P neck & put it on your jazz - I'm thinking of doing this at the moment because when I flick back to the jazz from my (chunky-necked) Warwick it's just too thin for comfort.
[/quote]

Yeah I did think of that - my Jazz is a sunburst Geddy Lee mexican made. Very nice indeed and great sound, just wish the neck was a bit bigger! Do like the maple with black block inlays tho, very nice!

Edited by LewisK1975

• 2 weeks later...