Why become a member? ×

December Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

The actual deadline is midnight on the 23rd and will be as soon as Skol is able to set up the poll after that , I think there is a small degree of flexibility , but just in case I'm getting in early , lots to do now on the Christmas run in.

so if you are feeling brave you could try this one out :rolleyes:

https://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/fish-and-cod-roe

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1450347008' post='2931804']
im starting to struggle with it now. ive reached a point and got stuck... and it was all going so well
[/quote]

Tell us about it. That's the point at which we all post our 'finished product'. :blush:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1450353051' post='2931896']
Tell us about it. That's the point at which we all post our 'finished product'. :blush:
[/quote]
its got structure, tonnes of element, tones of drums and keys and stuff, but i havent filled it out with bass and guitar yet cos i just can't feel what i want. may leave it for the weekend

Got the basics of mine. Not sure I'll get time to get it how I want it. The vocal is a little too loud & the vocoder could be better, but it does represent what I hear when I look at the image. :)

https://soundcloud.com/gxmix/home-sunrise

I'll try & get a little more time next week.

Please may I join thank you :)

As I do not participate in Xmas at all, I thought I would have a go at doing something completely unfestive....

Sadly I failed soo...........

here is a sleighbell ridden ,french horn and handbell,cheese infested Xmas tune I came up with for this quite frankly in my opiniated opinion ...hideous time of the year....it is called "December"...not sure why.........nice picture for inspiration though !

[url="https://soundcloud.com/foolsjourney/december-basschat-composition"]https://soundcloud.c...hat-composition[/url]

also available to listen to here at my "website" ..... while you listen see if you can locate the hidden link to a secret page somwhere on the site :) :

[url="http://jclarke1973.wix.com/foolsjourney"]http://jclarke1973.wix.com/foolsjourney[/url]

Cheers,
James
:)

Edited by Bleat

Quite possibly Dad....I hired Rudolf to play the drums on this one....if you listen really closely you can hear me kicking the cat in utter frustration*

*(not really.... no cats or reindeer were harmed in the making of this tune,they were all played by actors)

[quote name='Bleat' timestamp='1450568318' post='2934020']...
*(not really.... no cats or reindeer were harmed in the making of this tune,they were all played by actors)
[/quote]

Dear Sir or Madman...

We violently protest at the unscrupulous use of substitute whipping persons in the making of your productions. Whilst the use of live animals or sentient vegetables is frowned upon, taking it out on innocent, underpaid actors is not good enough. Stuffed dummies are available for hire from our premises on the Isle of Dogs; we also have a smaller stock in the Hebrides. Please make use of these facilities in future.
Thanking you in advance, we remain...

Disgusted ([i]Hurrumph..![/i])

The Right Honorable Sir Alfred Bedlam, BMC, Dogleash and Bar

Patron of The Society For The Protection Of Actors

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1450701711' post='2934945']
gonna have a crack at completing mine later other wise it won't get done. totally drawn a blank with how to finish it off so may have to just submit it how it is at currnet
[/quote]
repeat some bit and fade............... always an easy option. :blush:

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1450705103' post='2934991']
if only it was that easy, the song has a full structure, just at current i don't have an idea about what the bass can do yet, and given we are a bass forum i should put some in :P
[/quote]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:189271]

You've obviously not been listening to [i]my [/i]efforts, then..! Bass..? If it's fundamentally required, why not, but 'minimalist' can work, too..!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1450706033' post='2935014']

You've obviously not been listening to [i]my [/i]efforts, then..! Bass..? If it's fundamentally required, why not, but 'minimalist' can work, too..!
[/quote]
because i composed it with the idea of adding guitar and bass to it it has spaces that i need to fill with bass or guitar unless i totally rethink the keyboard parts which i don't have time to do... maybe ill just rumble some root notes on a bass underneath... i mean thats all bass is right?

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1450709072' post='2935047']

because i composed it with the idea of adding guitar and bass to it it has spaces that i need to fill with bass or guitar unless i totally rethink the keyboard parts which i don't have time to do... maybe ill just rumble some root notes on a bass underneath... i mean thats all bass is right?
[/quote]
This is the day I always feared. The day when somebody would come along and take this challenge seriously and shame us all into doing things right, you sir, could very well be the pioneering force that changed the course of this competition forever. :D

Edited by the boy

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1450710733' post='2935072']
This is the day I always feared. The day when somebody would come along and take this challenge seriously and shame us all into doing things right, you sir, could very well be the pioneering force that changed the course of this competition forever. :D
[/quote]

Not while Lenny's in the House..! :rolleyes:

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1450710733' post='2935072']
[/quote]
you wont be thinking that when you hear it :P