Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

Sign in to follow this  
sbrag

Bristol Bash

I was gutted I couldn't make the recent South West bash so wondered, if I can sort a venue, would anyone be interested in a Bristol bash before Xmas. I know it's short notice but I've just had my 2 December gigs cancelled so feel I need something bass related in my life before Xmas!

Only just seen this but yep would be up for it, obvs pending any conflicting stuff that happens on the run up to christmas!

Pub I was hoping to use is booked and as not much interest in don't think this will happen. Be good to do something next year though.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1449253930' post='2922035']
I'd come along to a Bristol bash.
[/quote]

And I certainly would if something could be arranged. Had some fun at bashes in the past and met some great basschatters...

I've not organised one before but I can try and sort a venue. A pub near me (Bs16 Staple Hill) I've rehearsed at before has a large function room and skittle alley. It's not the prettiest but could be functional and about 5 to 10 min from m32.

depending on what day it ends up being I'd be interested in this. I'm the other side of the bridge though

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1452686067' post='2952349']
I've not organised one before but I can try and sort a venue. A pub near me (Bs16 Staple Hill) I've rehearsed at before has a large function room and skittle alley. It's not the prettiest but could be functional and about 5 to 10 min from m32.
[/quote]

The Portcullis?

The other Portcullis opposite Morrison's on Fishponds road also has a decent sized function room. Parking can be a bit of a 'mare, but could be OK if you do it on a Sunday.

Yup. I'll try and have a chat with the landlord over the weekend unless anyone knows anywhere else. Staple Hill portcullis only has a tiny car park but there is a large public one just behind it.

Edited by sbrag

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1452763613' post='2953139']
depending on what day it ends up being I'd be interested in this. I'm the other side of the bridge though
[/quote]

Me too Cocco - Perhaps if all works out and we're both able to go, we could share transport, depends how much gear we want to take I suppose!

Yes, I'd try really hard to support a Bristol bash (I'm from Taunton). No bass player really, but I'll bring along a gigworthy bass / head / cabinet set up that might raise a few eyebrows.

[quote name='JB2016' timestamp='1455369061' post='2978482']
Yes, I'd try really hard to support a Bristol bash (I'm from Taunton). No bass player really, but I'll bring along a gigworthy bass / head / cabinet set up that might raise a few eyebrows.
[/quote]

+1 from Taunton

Sorry for the dealy in sorting something for this work has got in the way (new job). I'll try and have a chat with a venue this week but I'm thinking of early May if this works for people.

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1459708220' post='3018830']
Sorry for the dealy in sorting something for this work has got in the way (new job). I'll try and have a chat with a venue this week but I'm thinking of early May if this works for people.
[/quote]
Go for it!!