Why become a member? ×

fender custom shop closet clssic 64 jazz Def Sold

richardd

I am offering my 2007, 1964 custom shop closet classic in an amazing colour being Burgandy Mist (ie Guy
Pratt) this colour took one year to arrive from Fender ,the Bass is in as perfect condition as a closet classic can be with no dings or scratches apart from plectrum ones on the pick guard it has an alder body reverse tuning pegs and all the Fender candy plus of course the Certificate of Authenticity serial no R35047 dated 03/07/07 The only ones you can get off of the shelf are 3 colour sunburst & Olympic white and the best price is £1850 from GAK Dolphin and any other Fender dealer it has a Blk Tolex C&G case with Orange lining mint condition This Bass has hardly been played , this is a one off Super Bass. I will ship anywhere and Pay Pal can be used, 4% I think, at buyer expense For any more info please call 07710 153025 or email richard_durrance@btinternet .com would like a quick sale all sensible offers considered try to get pics at the weekend , ps This Bass has been upgraded with Wizard Vintage P/ups for that extra punch,

Back Up For Sale £1000

Would take an interesting trade upto £600/700 plus cash email for pics

Edited by richardd

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='283185' date='Sep 13 2008, 01:47 PM']Loads of poeple... it's one of his main basses.[/quote]

Should get my eyes checked. From Icehouse in 1982 to his solo tour in 2007, and I've never noticed him playing that bass. I can even recall the embarrassing (Canadian) Signature Guitars endorsement period.

Looks like and WOTT set about the same images search at the same time :)

Out of interest, I once owned a Custom shop Jazz, the classic model with block inlays and active circuit, more like a '75 but with a modern twist, how does the neck profile on this bass compare to that? The one I had, probaby had the best neck I've ever played on a Fender!

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='283245' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:49 PM']Looks like and WOTT set about the same images search at the same time :)

Out of interest, I once owned a Custom shop Jazz, the classic model with block inlays and active circuit, more like a '75 but with a modern twist, how does the neck profile on this bass compare to that? The one I had, probaby had the best neck I've ever played on a Fender!

Tony[/quote]
Hi Tony I have never played any 75's so not sure but it cerainly is akin to a 64 original Rich