Why become a member? ×

3Leaf appear to have released new Drive pedals under Pike Amplification name

Kev

[quote name='Darkglass' timestamp='1452278341' post='2948513']
Hey guys!

Whoa, the drama continues, unfortunately.

I have tried to stay out of this whole situation as much as possible on forums: I started Darkglass because there's nothing I love more than designing electronic circuits and making bass sound good.

All this drama, conjecture and confrontation are very distracting and I really don't think they help anyone.

That being said, I feel obliged to clarify any assumptions that I feel are baseless or simply inaccurate:

If anyone thinks that I would or could coerce Mark from Bass Direct into doing anything against his will clearly doesn't know me or him very well, I've gone through enough owning and running a business to know that blackmail is a very poor business move in the long run and hope to never be naive and foolish enough to go that route.

Mark is a great guy, he was our first dealer and has continued to be a great one throughout the years, he's always been very pleasant and fair but he's no push over. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure Darkglass accounts for a very modest portion of his business - he deals, many times with exclusivity much bigger brands - it's reasonable to assume that I don't have nearly as much muscle as some of you think I have.

Mark is his own man and I'm quite confident me nor anyone can tell him what to sell or not to sell at his store.

Hopes this helps clarify some of this so we can move on, I for sure already have.
[/quote]

Good to see you here Doug! I don't know what happened in the whole Darkglass/Spencer affair, and I don't want to know. If I've spoke out of turn I apologise.

But... I DON'T think the term CLONE should be being bandied about as there has been development in these pike pedals... even if the visuals are, ahem, questionably familiar!

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1452287932' post='2948638']

Good to see you here Doug! I don't know what happened in the whole Darkglass/Spencer affair, and I don't want to know. If I've spoke out of turn I apologise.

But... I DON'T think the term CLONE should be being bandied about as there has been development in these pike pedals... even if the visuals are, ahem, questionably familiar!
[/quote]

Agreed. Thread title amended as appropriate.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1452392066' post='2949610']

Any initial thoughts?
[/quote]

Both sound very nice, the colour setting are very nice a lot of sounds and the the little Vulcan has a lot of sounds in it!

I haven't played any darkglass stuff but from videos I have to say the pikes are def a dif sound, less gainy at the top end.

Andy

Great to see someone now has the Pike's to check out!

For the rest I see all of this is down to a number of bad decisions made by the owners/CEOs of 2 companies and neither is any better than the other.
BassDirect should have kept on selling the Pike's, business is business. Or he should never have started selling them in the 1st place. All he has achieved now is raise lots of question marks about his reasoning for stopping all of a sudden. Mark sort of got himself caught up in this as well now..

And lets not forget this entire thing is about as important as deciding what colour socks to wear in the bigger scheme of things.

Great stuff, I like the tone of it.

It is less grindy than a B3K and the switch B15-Hi Gain is a cool feature. I never liked the DG VMT much it never felt as if the dirt and clean gelled. it appears this may be a great alternative to that pedal and would be a good in addition to the B3K on my board.

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1452438707' post='2949921']
Great stuff, I like the tone of it.

It is less grindy than a B3K and the switch B15-Hi Gain is a cool feature. I never liked the DG VMT much it never felt as if the dirt and clean gelled. it appears this may be a great alternative to that pedal and would be a good in addition to the B3K on my board.
[/quote]

thats what i like so many blends are crap this works well with the independent controls for each

andy

Thanks for the demos. I now know that i won't be trading my B3K for the Vulcan, it sounds really great (not even close to the B3K) but i prefer to have the extra dirt-almost fuzz in my arsenal for an odd request from the audience and the more "in your face" sound of the B3K works better for me, it cuts the mix perfectly. Nice sounds on the Vulcan too, great pedal.