Why become a member? ×

3Leaf appear to have released new Drive pedals under Pike Amplification name

Kev

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1450721726' post='2935245']

So can we close this thread now?
[/quote]

No :) I don't think legality is being questioned. As the OP, certainly not a question raised by me.

Looking forward to an owner, particularly one experienced with Darkglass, giving their comments.

There's a brief Bass Direct demo. It's the usual slappy finger picking stuff, but to my ears they sound like politer versions of the Darkglass pedals - nowhere near as aggressive as the B3K that I use, but as I play with a pick that may have something to do with it. The late generation US made B7K board and the 3leaf one shown on the Basstalk thread suggest they are virtually the same, apart from the obvious value changes to alter the EQ and a few components in the middle of the board. Those few additional components (and there are comments that an even later B7K revision also had an extra IC) don't seem to do anything, and the altered EQ would account for the politer sound.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1450801319' post='2936013']
I've been looking at pre-amp pedals and asked Marcus at Bass Direct to compare the two. He thought when set flat the Pike Vulcan XL to be more aggressive over the B7K also the gain to be a more modern sound. So not the same pedal IHO
[/quote]

I would have thought the opposite, the Vulcan sounds less aggressive than the B7K and more comparable to the Vintage from the demos I've heard. Interested to try one out but Darkglass have a new range of stuff being unveiled in January including an updated Vintage Deluxe with the 4 band EQ and toggles from the B7K as well as an amp!

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1451169393' post='2938681']
[url="https://www.facebook.com/Jeffreyjohnrouse/posts/10205050556934906:1"]https://www.facebook...5050556934906:1[/url]

Quick demo here....
[/quote]

Reminds me of the grindy tone Geezer got on the last Sabbath album!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1451170077' post='2938686']

I would have thought the opposite, the Vulcan sounds less aggressive than the B7K and more comparable to the Vintage from the demos I've heard. Interested to try one out but Darkglass have a new range of stuff being unveiled in January including an updated Vintage Deluxe with the 4 band EQ and toggles from the B7K as well as an amp!
[/quote]

Oh sh*t, is that what the Microtubes plus is? That has two foot switches so I imagine not, so this must be the updates one he mentioned. That may just make the deluxe usable for me! I should speak to Doug more haha!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1451170077' post='2938686']
I would have thought the opposite, the Vulcan sounds less aggressive than the B7K and more comparable to the Vintage from the demos I've heard.
[/quote]

All he said was he thought the Pike a more aggressive sound when both pedals were set flat. Obviously things will change when you start twiddling knobs.

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1451302710' post='2939363']

Why do you care so much? Your revelling in this is distasteful.
[/quote]

I find this whole situation quite interesting and well worth discussing.
Maybe you should skip this thread if you don't like it. ;)

Edited by FretNoMore

Guest FretNoMore

Quotes, huh? OK, here's one I think is relevant to both "sides" in this discussion. :)

[i]"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1451394959' post='2940081']
So, has nobody taken it upon themselves to buy one from Bass Direct as a Christmas present to themselves?
[/quote]

Well I was about to do exactly that, plus put my B3K up for sale here. Much to the Darkglass fans' disgust I'm sure...

Edited by Clarky72

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1451318005' post='2939509']
I find this whole situation quite interesting and well worth discussing.
Maybe you should skip this thread if you don't like it. ;)
[/quote]

I think it's worth discussion, however Kev's revelling tone - without any real insight to the situation - is unseemly.

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1451406999' post='2940243']
Well I was about to do exactly that, plus put my B3K up for sale here. Much to the Darkglass fans' disgust I'm sure...
[/quote]

Just make sure you do a comparison before selling the B3K!

I don't think anyone will judge a player for owning either pedal, at the end of the day the best tool for the job is what is required :)

So I got myself the larger PIKE. It is a little too big for my pedalboard though and I am not sure what hole to stick the jack in...

[URL=http://s87.photobucket.com/user/welcometombh/media/images_zpsytolw2v9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/welcometombh/images_zpsytolw2v9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]