Why become a member? ×

Happy 70th Birthday To John Mc Vie

Hobbayne

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1448641499' post='2917110']
Has written one of the most recognised basslines in history and I bet 95% of the population wouldn't even recognise his name...

Happy Birthday...
[/quote]
I was going to post that one, but its towards the end and assumed that most people who dont know the slow bit would get bored and turn it off before the best bit. :happy:

• 1 year later...

John McVie... (Werewolves of London, eh?) His superb and tasteful playing peaked my interest in major pentatonic lines. He weaves the black-key notes into melodic, yet supportive bass lines that never seem repetitive, in spite of the real need to be concise in a band with a big sound. The lock-in between John McVie and Mick Fleetwood is phenomenal. Notice that the bass is so well played that the drums are free to explore polyrhythms.

Edited by CrackerJackLee

70? That's an achievement!

The first bass player I saw on a gig. Playing with John Mayall at The Georgian Club, Cowley, Uxbridge.

Amazing bass player through all those years with Clapton then Peter Green.

All those guys rearranged my brain cells, made time stand still and made me want to be a part of that world.

Edited by chris_b