Why become a member? ×

SOLD -Yamaha BB East - 5 string NE1 - £750
£750

hairyhatman

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price or Trade Value : £750[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Needs must and I now need to shift this one to get some space back.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I bought this about 12 years ago from [/font][/color][i]The Bass Gallery[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] in Camden for £1K. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Has [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]obligatory[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] buckle rash and couple of dings and scratches as befits a gigged bass item of this age.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]To be honest I've fiddled with string and [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]pick-up[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] height, and the adjustable EQ to try and get the tone and feel I wanted it. So depending on how good you are at adjusting this stuff it might require a [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]set-up[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] But plays fine for me. Fitted with [i]Elites - Nathan East[/i] strings (47s)[/font][/color]

Weight is 5kg, with the case it is 11.5kg.

Width at the nut is 45 mm (1.8 inches)

String spacing at the bridge is 78mm/ 4 = 19.5 mm (with Elite 47s on)

Couple of dings on the edge. See pic.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Previous Chatter's description below (with thanks)[/font][/color]

[i]Body Alder with figured Maple cap - [/i][i]Neck Maple Bolt-on - [/i][i]Fretboard Ebony - [/i][i]Pickups 2 special singles with dummy coils - [/i][i]Hardware Gold - [/i][i]Controls Master volume, pan, bass cut/boost, treble cut/boost, user-definable mid range - [/i][i]Frets 24 - [/i][i]Bridge Solid Brass - [/i][i]Scale 34" - [/i][i]Finish Amber Burst[/i]

[i]Featuring bolt on neck construction, the two octave neck is built from maple and mahogany and the wonderful flamed amber cap with an ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone.Matching gold tuners to complete the look of this fantastic bass.

The unique BB body is made of maple and alder for a fat sound with plenty of definition.The gold plate bridge features provide precise intonation,a low profile,and elegant look. The stacked Alnico humbuckers run through a 5 control active electronics,which feature a custom 3 band EQ with a switchable mid-cut to provide sonic versatility for any situation.[/i]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£750 for the bass and Yamaha case. Delivery at your expense I'm afraid just because I've no idea how much it would cost to where you are. Happy to drive for 30 minutes from Kingston in Surrey to deliver, or to meet you half way if that helps.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Al[/font][/color]

Edited by hairyhatman

Al, thanks for your update.

I don't think I've ever seen a bass with 20mm string to string spacing. Are you certain of your measurements? Even Fenders and Laklands only go up to 19mm at the bridge. Could I please ask that you try measuring from centre to centre from the B string to the G string and then divide by 5? - This is how I've seen my local luthier do it...thanks once again for your patience.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...