Why become a member? ×

Lightweight Zoot Bass build

RichardH

Bit of a rethink on the finish - Mike wasn't happy with any of the stains, so he stripped it back to natural, and it's now going to be a burst to natural.....

[quote name='alittlebitrobot' timestamp='1451037741' post='2937932']
Yeah, it'd be good if they could give the website a proper update whenever the workshop is fixed up.
I remember, when I was trying to find out who made Tom Jenkinsons bass, I found that website and I didn't know if the company was Zoot, Iceni or Purple Chili. Anyway, I assumed the company was finished or something because there's been no activity on the site for years and the shop button doesn't work.

No need to jump feet-first into the whole social media thing, but a more up-to-date site would let people know that the company is alive and well. Such nice-looking (and sounding) basses. I'd love to play one someday.
[/quote]

Looks like your [url="http://www.zootbass.com/"]hopes have been answered[/url]....

Edited by RichardH

• 3 weeks later...

That's fabulous, Rich. I've been wanting Mike to build me a bass for years. I've owned a Performer, a custom fretless and a fretted four over the years, all of which were terrific. I'm really pleased to hear he's starting to put himself out there a bit more after several years of virtual invisibility.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1454075011' post='2966158']What's the weight?[/quote]

At the moment it has been calibrated as "oo that's light" from the guitarist - certainly feels a heck of a lot lighter than my G&L. Will dig out some scales and see if I can get an accurate weight.

I gigged it last night - just a few songs at a new jam night in Harlow with the new band. The light weight was lovely, and it played really nicely. The rig was an all TC jobbie (Stacatto head, not sure which cabs they were), and it certainly sounded good through that, and the drop D saw use when playing Royal Blood's Little Monster.

I will try and get some decent photos done of it over the weekend, and write a bit more about it.

• 2 weeks later...