Why become a member? ×

Who do you regret not seeing in concert, that sadly aren't around any more?

leschirons

PIL with Wobble and Levine, although I suspect it would have been a bit shambolic.. they were pretty good when I saw them a couple of years ago though.
The Teardrop Explodes - I was going to go and see them in Liverpool in 80 or 81 but didn't for some reason that escapes me now
Zappa on his last tour - what a great band
Joy Division
Can

Top of my particular heap would be Alice Cooper - the original 5-piece band of Dunaway, Smith, Buxton, Bruce & Furnier. Split in 1974 so well before my time.

The Skids - the Absolute Game lineup, with Russell Webb on bass.

The Who with Moony & Entwistle.

Pistols, preferably with Matlock.

Dio - era Rainbow.

Nirvana @ Studio 24, Edinburgh. Dunno why I didn't go. :(

I'll probably think of a few more in a bit...

Jon.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1448369338' post='2914770']
The Sex Pistols in 76 (would have been 10/11 so little chance of that), The Jam, the original Hanoi Rocks, Guns N Roses.
[/quote]
I first saw the Jam in the Red Cow in Hammersmith 30p to get in :), was late for school the next day and got detension.. Just missed the Pistols the end of 77. But did go to school with Viv Westwoods son.
Hanoi Rocks a few times at the Lyceum.

Edit, for the wrong venue.

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1448381559' post='2914934']
I've always thought that I was born about 10 years too late in terms of musical tastes so the short answer is [i]loads. [/i]Even some that I have seen I would much have preferred to see about 15 years earlier than I first did (like Deep Purple).
[/quote]
The first time I heard 'Deep Purple in Rock' it had a profound effect on me. Got me totally hooked on rock music and still am. Saw Deep Purple in Knebworth in '85 and they put on a cracking show

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1448373427' post='2914836']

Little Feat? I thought they were OK. The friend I went with (far more knowledgeable than me about music) was absolutely blown away, but I wasn't that impressed.

[/quote]

I was well into Little Feat in the mid 70s, saw them with The Who at Charlton FC but the sound was rubbish for the earlier bands, could harldy hear them and as it was early in the day, people still arriving didnt get to watch anything properly till Alex Harvey came on and the volume went up a bit. Would have loved to have seen them in a small club though.

Would have loved to have seen the original Feelgoods. I'm told that I saw them in Brum around 75, but I have no recollection of it.

Big country. Wish I had went to a gig before Stuart a damson had died. Unfortunately wasn't in a position to do so really as they were just a little before my adult years.

Got chance to see them with that guy from the alarm a few year ago, no one would go with me. They still do tour in a fashion. But there lineup isn't great mainly the singers have been crap.
Ah least the guy from the alarm gave it some.

[quote name='JellyKnees' timestamp='1448383447' post='2914958']
A popular beat combo from around these parts I believe... overrated from what I've heard
[/quote]

Funny haircuts and suits ?

Saw them early in 1964, wasn't really impressed. But then I was a ten year old Stones fan being taken out by my big sister.

Edited by BILL POSTERS

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1448371070' post='2914804']

What year was that?
Do you know about the Fugazi Live Series?
You could get the recording of the gig you did't go to
[/quote]

Sometime around 1998 I think, in Stratford. I didn't know about the live series but I have heard enough live Fugazi recordings since to make me regret turning up late that night!

There were a few bands I should have made more of an effort to see, The Who, Bowie, The Move etc, but I didn't, I guess because I wasn't interested enough in them at the time.

I saw many of the bands listed above and many more.

I've seen most of the bands in my record collection, with the exception of The Band. I'm sorry I missed those guys.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1448384825' post='2914975']

I've seen most of the bands in my record collection, with the exception of The Band. I'm sorry I missed those guys.
[/quote]

Well at least you have The Last Waltz as a perfect representation of their live performance. ;) :yarr: