Why become a member? ×

Buyer dropout - back up! Sandberg VM-5 w/ Häussel pickups + ebony fretboard.
£995

ashevans09

Hello all,

[b]Price Drop [s]£920[/s] [s]£890 £850[/s] £800[/b]

EDIT!!! Forgot to mention - it's a 35" scale bass :)

For sale is my Sandberg VM-5. It is a fabulous bass in great condition and has been well cared for.

So! How does it play? The ebony fretboard is lovely. It's very difficult to describe, but it doesn't really play like any other five string I've owned - it's one of the quickest necks I've encountered on a five string. Reminds me of my Geddy in that respect. The neck is very fast but still has a 19mm string spacing so it's quite forgiving. It's a very slick bass to play.

Sound wise this thing is just a monster. Big, active P and MM pickups made by Häussel (they're offered as an upgrade option from Sandberg) combine wonderfully with the 2 band EQ and just sound absolutely massive. It's easily one of the best sounding basses I own and I have every intention to buy a four string version of this when I have the cash to justify it. The growl on it is awesome. I'll find some recording clips and post them :) .

It has been owned from new (1620 euros from Station Music in Germany) and I will supply the bass with the official softcase. The sandberg softcases are pretty good though - nicely padded and quite robust. There is a small dink on the body which is highlighted in the photos.

In terms of reason for sale, [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]this bass has served me wonderfully on multiple tours, in the studio and in countless shows. Unfortunately however, life is moving on - I'll be qualifying as a Doctor in a few months so my days of touring are realistically over, and I don't need loads of basses. It was either this going or my MTD, and I have a lot of emotional attachment to the MTD. In addition, my partner is currently in the protracted process of being allowed back into the country and flights to and from Ecuador to see her don't come cheap :( .[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is currently living in Plymouth, however I go to and from Oxford quite a lot so I could do a meet on the M4/M5 corridor or London. Welcome to try before you buy. :) Would very much prefer to avoid couriers however I can send it.[/font][/color]

I think that's everything, however if you have any questions please feel free to ask. :) Also mods - I don't believe this breaks any rules but let me know if it does and I'll amend the post.

Photos:

[url="http://s411.photobucket.com/user/ash_evans1/media/IMG_0187_zpsr4edysov.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s411.photobucket.com/user/ash_evans1/media/IMG_0188_zpsxvozl4bu.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s411.photobucket.com/user/ash_evans1/media/IMG_0189_zps2d89brk2.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s411.photobucket.com/user/ash_evans1/media/IMG_0190_zpsv0f3jfxj.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by ashevans09

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1448208438' post='2913665']
Whats the difference with the pick ups and the standard pick ups?thanx
[/quote]

Heya!

The haussel's have a little bit more of a vintage growl to them rather than the standard which (I'm told, I haven't heard one) are considerably brighter and more hi-fi. Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ash

[font="Helvetica"][color="#000000"][size=3]Trade with a gibson gold thunderbird anniversary edition?[/size][/color][/font]
[font="Helvetica"][color="#000000"][size=3]Thanks[/size][/color][/font]
[font="Helvetica"][color="#000000"][size=3]Dennis [/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Radwan' timestamp='1448412895' post='2915305']
PM'd you :)

And here's a free 3:00AM BUNP
[/quote]

Thanks man! Responded to all PMs :)

[quote name='carlsim' timestamp='1448436386' post='2915331']

I have a japanese made (the better ones!) Ibanez BTB 5 string... immaculate condition with twin soapbar bartolinis ... this plus some cash your way?

Looks like this...

[/quote]

Hello! That's an absolute beaut but not quite what I'm looking for. Thank you for the offer though :) .

[quote name='Powerbas' timestamp='1448461279' post='2915615']
Wanna trade with a gold Gibson thunderbird anniversary edition?
Best Regards
Dennis
[/quote]

I do love a thunderbird but at this time it's not what I'm looking for, thank you though :) .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...