Why become a member? ×

An 8.1 surround sound composition.

ambient

Something totally new for me, I've never done this kind of thing before.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/an-ending-ascend/81a"]https://soundcloud.c...ding-ascend/81a[/url]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]An 8.1 surround sound composition. Made up of dozens of edits of bits of piano, and some cello Arranged to form 8 tracks. Each would be played back through a separate speaker, in such a way that it creates echoes, and movement. [/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]The middle 2 would be the front centre 2 speakers, moving outwards the next 2 tracks would be front centre right and left, then onwards to the rear centre right and left, then finally the rear pair of speakers. You actually create movement from front to back, and rear to front. At least that's the theory [/color][/font][i][u]smile emoticon[/u][/i][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif], I only have 2 speakers, so it'll be Thursday when I get to uni when I see of I'm right.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]​Here's a rough diagram of the set up in the 8 channel studio. There's no set numbering of the speakers, so this is how I've done it. So the centre 2 channels on the arrange screen are speakers 1 and 8, then moving outwards the next 2 are 7 and 2, then 6 and 3, then finally 5 and 4.[/color][/font]

[attachment=205564:unnamed-1.jpg]
[attachment=205563:Photo on 22-11-2015 at 02.31.jpg]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]It's still a work in progress, but I'm quite excited about it.[/color][/font]

Edited by ambient