Why become a member? ×

IBANEZ SR5000e Prestige SOLD!!!
£725

thebrig

[b]NOW SOLD!!![/b]

I am putting my [b]Ibanez SR5000e Prestige[/b] bass up for sale, because I am in need of funds having just purchased a 1971 precision, so I'm having a bit of a cull on my collection.

I'm asking [b]£725[/b] collected, or [b]£750[/b] posted, these cost well over £1800 new.

It's in very nice condition, and I have just replaced all the electrics including the pre-amp with genuine Ibanez parts at considerable cost.
There is some slight wear from thumb placement above the pickups which can just about be seen in one of the close up pics, other than that, not much to mention really.

Edit: I should have stated that it comes with the original Ibanez hardcase, pics have been added to show this.

You are welcome to try out the bass at my home in Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

Please, no trades, as I really do need to thin my basses out to keep on the right side of my missus! :unsure:

Edited by thebrig

[quote name='BanditSid' timestamp='1448052759' post='2912819']
Why did you replace the preamp ? Was it with the same model of Ibanez preamp ?
[/quote]One of the pots was a bit crackly and I was struggling to find an original pot on it's own, so decided to order the complete EQ along with pots and wiring.
They are all genuine parts from Ibanez as listed below.

Model No: [b]3EQ3PC0001[/b]
[b]PWC3/1V.1B.3bandEQ.MidQ[/b]

Apart from this, the bass is totally original.

Hope this helps.

Edited by thebrig

[quote name='Flex' timestamp='1448219632' post='2913789']
Great basses, what's the weight of this one please?
[/quote]I need to find my digital scales which are somewhere in the garage first, so I will weigh it in the morning, but I will say that it is extremely light compared to most basses, and definitely the lightest in my collection of twelve. :)

Incredible basses these are. I have the six string version of this model, the SR5006 and that is one of the best basses I have ever laid my hands upon. The sheer quality and workmanship that went into crafting these basses are unbeliveable.
The 500x series has a titanium reinforced neck and the sustain and the clarity is remarkable. I know I sound biased as I love my 5006 but these basses are right there on the level with the creations of the best luthiers out there.

Anyway, guess I need to stop gushing and while I'm at it I wish you good luck with the sale. :-)

Thanks for your comments, they really are lovely basses, I have a SR1200 Premium too, and I have to agree that these top end Ibanez SR's are up there with luthier built basses, unfortunately this has to go to help fund my 1971 precision that arrived just a few hours ago. :)