Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard Issues - Pedal output hole too low...

AinsleyWalker

[color=#222222]Hi,
Having issues ordering my board. I have a Diago Showman with a Mooer ReEcho at the end of my chain but the output and input holes are annoyingly low down as it’s a tiny pedal, meaning I can’t have it too close to the edge of the board. [/color]
[color=#222222]I find that generally only Boss pedals seem to have holes high enough for the cable to sit nicely over the edge, and I’m reluctant to buy a Boss reverb or delay just for this reason.
I’m looking at other reverb pedals but it’ll be annoying to get one to find out it doesn’t sit properly.
I’m also reluctant to buy some sort of pedal booster to raise the height, as it’ll look weird.[/color]
[color=#222222]Any suggestions for Reverb pedals that might not give me this issue? Looking at the Digitech Polara but can’t tell if it’ll be tall enough… [/color]

[size=4][color=#1F497D][font=Calibri]UPDATE: Bearfist has kindly sent me a booster, so hopefully this will solve this issue. Other suggestions still welcome of course.[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by AinsleyWalker

I've raised pedals before with a small piece of wood the same size as the pedal. I don't think it looked weird, but then I also don't care if anyone thinks my pedalboard looks weird.

Is there room inside the pedal box for you to shift the sockets up a bit?

The digitech site says the polara is 5.08cm high, and the photo makes it look like the jacks are just over half way up the side

I had the same problem when i used a Diago board, i know you said you didn't want to raise it but if you want to give it a try at least rather than ditching the pedal i have a couple of the Diago boosters left over, you're more than welcome to have one, just cover the postage. They aint that big and don't sit too high so i found them fairly inoffensive to look at.

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1447941144' post='2911673']
Use input and output leads with right angled jacks
[/quote]

Yeah I have tried this, works out but currently only have one right angle cable (10ft) and I use that to go into my bass. My local guitar shop has closed so when I go in one soon I might grab a 20ft to go out of the board :)

Edited by AinsleyWalker

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1447955250' post='2911834']
I had the same problem when i used a Diago board, i know you said you didn't want to raise it but if you want to give it a try at least rather than ditching the pedal i have a couple of the Diago boosters left over, you're more than welcome to have one, just cover the postage. They aint that big and don't sit too high so i found them fairly inoffensive to look at.
[/quote]

Oh I won't be ditching the pedal, it's a cool little thing, the TapeEcho setting is really nice, it just kind of dictates how far I can have it from the edge.
But the offer off the booster is really kind of you, I'll drop you a PM

[quote name='AinsleyWalker' timestamp='1447965976' post='2911961']
Yeah I have tried this, works outm but currently only have one right angle cable (10ft) and I used that to go into my bass. My local guitar shop closed so when I go in one soon I might grab a 20ft to go out of the board :)
[/quote]

Right angle jacks the obvious answer. Use quality Neutrik jacks if space allows.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1448099557' post='2912997']
A piece of wood or particle board, sprayed black and with Velcro on both sides ... works great and likely a bit cheaper than store bought risers.
[/quote]

I do this (actually I don't even bother to spray it black as its covered by the pedal anyway). Works for me.

Edited by Painy