Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Woodandtronics Zoid Fretless 6 - WITHDRAWN
£1250

denis_d

I decided to sell my W&T. This bass was built for me in 2008. I used to play it a lot when I was in a prog-rock band, but now it's not getting any attention at all. I haven't played it actively since I quit the band, only took it to some jazz rehearsals, but now I don't do even that. I realised that a 6-string is just too much for me. I probably was too ambitious when I ordered it :))) So, this bass has to go to someone who can use all of its potential. As I said, the bass used to be played a lot, so it has some wear on the back, on hardware and on the pickup cover (the birdseye maple has darkened). The fingerboard was sanded and the nut was changed by a local luthier a year ago or so. Here are the specs:
- Alder body with chestnut tone block
- Tanzanian blackwood top with flame maple stripes
- 3-piece ash/maple/ash neck-through with purpleheart insert
- Cocobolo fingerboard
- Haeussel jazzbucker pickup
- U-retro preamp (I guess), controls: volume, bass/treble (pull for bright), mid/mid freqency, passive tone (push/pull active/passive), single/humbucker switch.
- Removable ebony ramp
- Gotoh tuners
- W&T bridge, which gives some extra tension to the strings. Not all strings fit, sometimes you have to buy extra-long sets, although it is 34" scale. Dunlops and Foderas fit well, but Elixirs don't. Currently wearing old Labellas, I will change them, of course.
- Schaller straplocks

Comes with the original W&T gigbag and truss rod keys.

Trades are welcome, may be even more preferrable, than the sale :) I am looking for good fretted 5-string, so open to offers.

The bass is located in Riga, Latvia.

Here is the sound sample: http://margaritasanteporcos.bandcamp.com/track/wheel-of-time

Edited by denis_d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...