Why become a member? ×

ELO

lancer

Glad you could get one, all the sensibly priced tickets for Nottm immediately 'sold out', quickly followed by the daft priced ones. Of course they didn't [i]really[/i] sell out, ticketmaster just offloaded them to sister company 'get me in' so they could then relist the cheapest original tickets at twice the actual price. Needless to say, I'm not going to support such a corrupt system. There's apparently a pair of very good seats available via get me in for £708 [i]p[/i][i]er ticket :lol:[/i]
Shame as Jeff's one of those heroes that I've never got to see perform live. Oh well...

Edited by KevB

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1447418706' post='2907514']
Glad you could get one, all the sensibly priced tickets for Nottm immediately 'sold out', quickly followed by the daft priced ones. Of course they didn't [i]really[/i] sell out, ticketmaster just offloaded them to sister company 'get me in' so they could then relist the cheapest original tickets at twice the actual price. Needless to say, I'm not going to support such a corrupt system. There's apparently a pair of very good seats available via get me in for £708 [i]p[/i][i]er ticket :lol:[/i]
Shame as Jeff's one of those heroes that I've never got to see perform live. Oh well...
[/quote]

These things are a total rip off. Some friends of mine went to see Steven Wilson at the RAH recently. I think the tickets were £30 or something. That's amazing value for what was a spectacular gig.

My uncle wanted to see the who a couple of years ago. The cheapest ticket was over £100.

How much were the 'cheap' tickets here anyway ?

ambient, For Nottm the cheapest were around the £50 mark rising to through a medium of sixty-odd up to ninety-odd for best seats. My mate was off work today and also wanted to go so he was waiting, finger on button dead on 9am when they went on sale online. Almost immediately it froze, then virtually all cheap seats gone in a second, soon followed by the rest. Within a [i]very[/i] short time cheap seats then on sale at 'get me in' for about twice face value. Screw that...

I would've paid the £90 for tickets but the decent ones for the Hydro, that is the ones where you could actually see Jeff Lynne and not by looking at one of the screens, were £125 :blink:

That is a silly price IMO. I saw Jerry Lee Lewis supported by Albert Lee and James Burton and they were £90 but I was 3 rows from the front

Really disappointed as my brother and I had really wanted to go

I suppose it's more money for Jeff Lynne's hair (and beard) dye fund! :P

I think I'm alone in the BC universe, as ELO always seriously grind my gears. I'd even jump to the radio to turn them off!

Very well played and executed though - I can see the appeal without doubt. :)

Edited by spongebob

The whole ticket thing nowadays is ridiculous. A concert will be sold out but you can still get tickets if you pay through the nose via the other sites that ticket master sell to. Plus there's vip packages where you get backstage or similar and it costs a lot more than is reasonable :(

Edited by ubit

[quote name='StevieC' timestamp='1447398293' post='2907285']
Watching it on the BBC red button now - i would agree about the BVs but on the whole decent show and sound mix.

The new songs are very good too.
[/quote]Yes, I thought overall, it was very good. As you say, the new songs are good as well. Seems to tie in with his older stuff seamlessly.

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1447436127' post='2907713']
Lefty bass player is Lee Pomeroy, plays left hand with it strung right handed, E string where the G should be??
[/quote]

Well done for mentioning this - I'd almost forgotten this was a bass forum!!

And you are right - he's also an excellent bass player - love his work with Take That as well.

Yeah LP did the live gig they did for BBC last time, seen him up close with It Bites and it does look weird with upside down stringing. He's also been in one version of Steve Hackett's band doing the Genesis stuff, he knows his stuff, pedals, bvox the lot.

Mike Stevens is the MD, and it's the same band that played the Queens Jubilee, and backs Gary Barlow solo, and Take That on tour.

He plays guitar, keys and sax, as well as the BVs : talented bugger.

First call band for these high profile gigs.

The keys player was an original ELO Band member - the only one I think.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec12/articles/mike-stevens.htm

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1447719572' post='2909829']
Mike Stevens is the MD, and it's the same band that played the Queens Jubilee, and backs Gary Barlow solo, and Take That on tour.

He plays guitar, keys and sax, as well as the BVs : talented bugger.

First call band for these high profile gigs.

The keys player was an original ELO Band member - the only one I think.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec12/articles/mike-stevens.htm
[/quote]
That'll be the mighty Donovan Hepburn on kit then? He's no Bev Bevan mind 😀