Why become a member? ×

overdrive tritonlab

J66Bass

Thunder is Flash light u mean😂All I can say iis extremely powerful but again I'm not a professional but a hand made pedal who sound that good for under 100 quids is quite a bargain . I have the 33 v one and starting to really enjoyed , I also played with my interface like a DI and so far no pedals on my programming can t get the even near that pedal ..

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1450470973' post='2933236']
He seems to be playing light fingers in the vid,so think there's more gain in it maybe?he does do more gain type peds . Find out soon ,as its been posted and inbound :-)
[/quote]

Yeah it's hard to balance what's what, it sounds great either way! Plus my basses are pretty hot, and I play hard. I really like the Caravan, and the Mustang, just not sure how Bass friendly they, are but I have the trusty LS-2 so...

Think one of these will find its way to me in the near future :D

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1450527272' post='2933613']
Yeah it's hard to balance what's what, it sounds great either way! Plus my basses are pretty hot, and I play hard. I really like the Caravan, and the Mustang, just not sure how Bass friendly they, are but I have the trusty LS-2 so...

Think one of these will find its way to me in the near future :D
[/quote]I play quite heavy with a pick,i'll let you know if it can do the driven "thunder" your on about.

got this little email from the builder, if anyone was wondering about the controls
[quote]
Hi Anthony!

Some information:
The pedal has two modes of clipping: GAIN1 and GAIN2.
GAIN1 - hard
GAIN2 - soft
Combine different positions of these regulators for different sounds.
Do not use for this purpose knob VOLUME !!! Only for setting the same level of the direct signal (OFF) and processed signal (ON) (typically between 10 hours - 2 hours).

About tone control. In this model, I used a passive tone control like Marshall JCM 800. Here is very well said about this: [url="http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Flutz-haake.de%2Fmusic%2Fquestfortone%2Fclassictonestacks.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHrUgx1UV5KVL2Xz6uJguaLe8uilQ"]http://lutz-haake.de/music/questfortone/classictonestacks.html[/url]

[/quote]

also, could anyone forward me Ryans demo of the pedal? i sent him a message but havent heard back

This pedal sounds lush,but I planned on combining it with my other dirts and its not mixing the way I want (sadly):-( so rather than send it back to Alex I'm going to wack it in the for sales forum if anyone's interested? Possibly looking for a b3k or similar (with blend)

Edited by danbowskill

• 5 months later...

Tried mine for the first time at a gig last night. I don't mean to use it as a distortion pedal, but more like a permanently ON feature to add some warmth and a tiny bit of grit to my clean sound.

I'm happy to report it performed outstandingly well like that. I'm really impressed with how well it responds to your playing dynamics and how organic it sounds. My previous favourite pedal for that "warmth" was the EBS Valve Drive, but now I have new favourite on the FET Overdrive. Of course it doesn't have some of the functionality of the EBS and some other pedals like DI out, for example. But sound wise the Triton is just amazing! No other pedal I have tried has the dynamic response of the FET Overdrive. I think the 33v booster thing is a really clever idea. Ah... And no bottom end loss, even when I tried it at more extreme settings (and it can be quite extreme too).

Definitely a pedal that will make a lot of people really happy, especially those who have an extremely clean amp and want it to sound less "clinical".

I recommend!

Edited by eddiehoffmann

Recently acquired mine from Ryan Cowell and used it first time live over the weekend. I use a modest amount of drive to add a bit of breakup and the Tritonlab did it perfectly. There is masses more gain available for those that want it and the sound is warm and 'tubey'. To clear up one point, the pedal runs from a standard 9v Boss type supply and the internals boost it up to 33v. The other thing I noticed is that I'm having a few buzz issues with my pedal board (probably power supply related) and the Tritonlab cleaned this up almost completely which was a rather nice bonus.