Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 4 Fretless 1994 ++SOLD++
£900

Hutton

[size=4][font=Helvetica]I have for sale a rather nice 90s Stingray. The serial number dates the bass to 1994. It was originally a fretted bass but along the way one owner has fitted the bass with an EBMM fretless neck from 1997. The two go together very well to produce an excellent bass. The neck is constructed from a rather nice piece of birdseye maple as were most Musicman basses in the 90s. The fingerboard is, as expected, made from Pau Ferro being the wood that MM use on their fretless basses. Through photographic evidence and the marking on the heel of the neck Musicman have confirmed that the neck is the genuine article. The only mark on this otherwise unmarked bass is a few very small white dots which appear under the lacquer beside the rear strap button. The bass is currently fitted with schaller strap lock buttons. The originals however can be refitted prior to a sale.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]The bass comes with its original hardshell Musicman case and is currently fitted with Thomastik TI flat wound strings.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]I am asking £900 which includes packing and shipping to the UK. I would be interested in a possible trade for a Fender USA Jazz Bass.[/font][/size]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3][/size][/size][/font]

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1447174581' post='2905548']
I would definitely give in to temptation Andy. In fact I'm sure I heard the Ray fretless calling your name earlier today! 😀
[/quote]

oh darn you and your silver tongue, don't suppose you've got any sound samples of her have you as that might provide the tipping point :gas:

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1447329979' post='2906718']
'On Hold' till the end of the weekend.
[/quote]

woohoo :gas: piggy bank raiding to commence as well as hopefully a fretless p leaving the house to make it all happen :)