Why become a member? ×

I would really like them if it wasn't for that twatt!

ubit

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1446734675' post='2901862']
Guns n Roses (Axl).
[/quote]
Guns n Roses for me, Axl really is a grade A prick
And Metallica to an extent. I like Metallica, but Lars Ulrich just gets on my tits, every interview with him the 2nd or 3rd sentance is usually complete and utter bullshit...

Edited by RockfordStone

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1446741253' post='2901965']
Danni Filth. Twat.
[/quote]

Indeed... I was unfortunate enough to meet him a few times in my younger days.

The original guitarist and keyboard player were brothers and hung out in similar circles to me and my mates. They were nice guys actually... but not Dani...

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1446741422' post='2901967']
But that's my point bud. It's when you quite like the music but some dickhead puts you off and you just can't bring yourself to say you like them.
[/quote]

That's my point - it's never happened to me!

Mustaine = twat. I still love Megadeth.

Wagner = vile anti-semite. Still love the music

I'd hate to think how many famous and brilliant authors are right shitheads!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1446736999' post='2901894']
I was never keen on Bruce Dickinson and went off Iron Maiden after Di'Anno left. But, it turns out that Di'Anno was the bigger twat all along. Dickinson is a bit of a knob though, but at least I can listen to Number Of The Beast now.
[/quote]

Exactly the way I was with maiden .
How did I forget axl . ??
Geoff Tate .. Is he a twat ?? Must be if all he can do is rehash mindcrime again .

My mate went to see U2 this week and Bono did his preach about this and that including bloody sunday and this gig was in London! Not forgetting he is mega-rich and a tax exile. Words fail me. He is the in a league of his own in my humble opinion. I mean the brass neck and shear hypocracy! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Davo

I am certain someone said this before me but "don't meet your heroes" you will be disappointed on most occasions, I asked a cousin of mine who was the most disappointing person she ever interviewed, she said Billy Joe from Greenday, she had always been a huge fan but he sat through the interview and behaved like a sullen 4 year old throughout!

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1446721222' post='2901680']
I have always said that I wouldn't let that kind of thing discourage me from good music. However... There are two bands...

One is W.A.S.P., after Blackie Lawless got Born Again and decided the renounce a lot of their earlier, better stuff and declared that he would never play them live again, I swore I'd never go to see him live again.

The other is Megadeth. Again, Dave Mustaine got Born Again and started doing interviews spouting proper nasty, vile bigoted stuff. So I vowed to never buy any of his stuff again.

I still listen to and enjoy the stuff by them that I already owned, I just won't be giving them any more of my money. It's not that they got Born Again, I listen to bands with christians in them and even bands that declare themselves christian bands. It just seemed to be a trigger in those two cases.
[/quote]
Didn't Blackie also call Slash the n word?

[quote name='Davo-London' timestamp='1446747068' post='2902044']
My mate went to see U2 this week and Bono did his preach about this and that including bloody sunday and this gig was in London! Not forgetting he is mega-rich and a tax exile. Words fail me. He is the in a league of his own in my humble opinion. I mean the brass neck and shear hypocracy! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Davo
[/quote]

An Irish guy in the company I work went to see them at the weekend at the O2 . I asked if Bono was ranting etc. and he said no .
Obviously , I think he is lying

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1446718230' post='2901642']
I find Simple Minds to be similar because of Jim Kerr.
[/quote]
He didn't bother me too much until he performed on TFI Friday (I think!) wearing a Celtic scarf. Football is Glasgow is such a divisive thing - people have quite literally been killed for wearing the wrong colours. Rod Stewart is similar, kick drum skin is a massive Celtic badge and his gigs in Glasgow are a sea of green and white. I don't mind some his stuff, but you'd never catch me dead at a gig!

No objections to anyone supporting a football team, but keep it out of your stage show - especially when a large chunk of said team's fans are idiots. (Before I get a virtual knife in my back, both sides of Glasgow are as bad!)

• Like 1

[quote name='Davo-London' timestamp='1446747068' post='2902044']

Davo
[/quote]And at the risk of invoking the religious posts bar, they're all supposed to be christians! Isn't there something about rich men and the kingdom of heaven?

Yes there is but let's not go there. Suffice to say I will never go to a U2 gig. I can stomach most nonsense but U2 is a step too far.

I can remember another band leader being preachy but I've forgotten who that was. It should get instant boos from the audience IMHO.

Let's get onto something cheery can we?

Davo

Edited by Davo-London

[quote name='geoham' timestamp='1446755061' post='2902164']

He didn't bother me too much until he performed on TFI Friday (I think!) wearing a Celtic scarf. Football is Glasgow is such a divisive thing - people have quite literally been killed for wearing the wrong colours. Rod Stewart is similar, kick drum skin is a massive Celtic badge and his gigs in Glasgow are a sea of green and white. I don't mind some his stuff, but you'd never catch me dead at a gig!

No objections to anyone supporting a football team, but keep it out of your stage show - especially when a large chunk of said team's fans are idiots. (Before I get a virtual knife in my back, both sides of Glasgow are as bad!)
[/quote]

Rod Stewart really is an idiot. Apparently he came on stage once in a Celtic shirt and there was nearly a riot. He claimed he didn't realise it would cause a stir ! What a dick. If he's that big a supporter , he would know what would happen. It would be the same in any city. You can't nail your colours to the mast in public without upsetting someone!

Guest bassman7755

I think Prince deserves a mention in this illustrious roll call - talented musician and songwriter, unfortunately also a knobhead of the highest order.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1446748101' post='2902056']
The Edge is no better.
[/quote]

Just making up such a silly stage name for himself paints him as a twatt

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1446800219' post='2902384']
Just making up such a silly stage name for himself paints him as a twatt
[/quote]

...and wearing a wooly hat with a dinner jacket, monumental **** end.

Referencing back to other comments about Bono, for me too it's the man's complete hypocrisy. Preaching to everyone about 'the poor' in that condescending Victorian missionary style and at the same time supporting the people and institutions that keep the poor poor. Can't stand the man. He makes my blood boil.

I seen U2 once on Jonathan Ross and obviously the audience must have been dancing but one guy must have not been because Bonio shouted " get off yer arse ya ******" . I thought, what a cock. Maybe the guy doesn't like your music you egotistical knob!

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1446806326' post='2902456']
I seen U2 once on Jonathan Ross and obviously the audience must have been dancing but one guy must have not been because Bonio shouted " get off yer arse ya ******" .
[/quote]

I'm getting images of a cringing David Brent style comedy where the camera pans across and it turns out the audience member is in a wheelchair.....